Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2023, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
Just a heads up that the Waves WUP 25% off sale ends tomorrow.

thanks for the heads up. personally i'm investing my future WUP fees in replacing my waves plugs with equivalents from better companies, after those shenanigans a few months ago. it's fun to feel like i have an extra ~$200/year to allow myself to spend on plugins
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies
Old 06-06-2023, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzam View Post
thanks for the heads up. personally i'm investing my future WUP fees in replacing my waves plugs with equivalents from better companies, after those shenanigans a few months ago. it's fun to feel like i have an extra ~$200/year to allow myself to spend on plugins

Sure, I’ve never done it annually but upgrading to 14 so they run natively makes sense for me. Tried a free month of the sub, and certainly not doing that. Obviously poor business decisions, but I got rekkids to make and my workflows and templates set up so worth it to me. Esp at 25%+ discount (and a free ik plug-in)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1
Old 06-06-2023, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzam View Post
We jumped off the Waves train many years ago and can't wipe the smiles from our faces.

Regarding Apple Silicon, I suppose there's some added pressure on hold-out developers now that the full Apple lineup has gone ARM.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
We jumped off the Waves train many years ago and can't wipe the smiles from our faces.
Same here, namely when they broke their promise to support every major platform (AAX-DSP is not?). With that said i still have Waves V7 mercury on an ilok filling up HD3 DSP but when that system dies it is like... Waves, who?

As someone who paid 10k for TDM Mercury + Studio Classics, I don't know whether I am laughing or crying when I see the current price of 2k.

Then again I also paid 6k per box for Digidesign 192 w/AD expansion. Those are also becoming doorstoppers now.

If I get wiser as I mature, I will start renting the stuff I need and charge the cost from someone else.
Old 06-06-2023, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Then again I also paid 6k per box for Digidesign 192 w/AD expansion. Those are also becoming doorstoppers now.
It's tough to watch hardware devalue. We paid $12K for the Avid video hardware which did nothing more than play back digital video within PT. This was late 90's and video playback in a DAW wasn't yet a thing, not without a serious investment. Now it's entirely omnipresent. I just downloaded Logic Pro onto a tablet for god's sake.

And speaking of AS Native, wouldn't it be nice to see an iOS version of PT that runs on these new mobile M2 processors? Plenty of horsepower for it.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:17 AM

i'm kinda losing my mind plugin alliance and u-he are still not AAX native. i'm actually not gonna buy anything from these companies probably remembering this. how is possible to be so far delayed so frustrated.
Old 06-08-2023, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinches View Post
i'm kinda losing my mind plugin alliance and u-he are still not AAX native. i'm actually not gonna buy anything from these companies probably remembering this. how is possible to be so far delayed so frustrated.
PA is focusing on new products -- updates are far down their list of priorities. I've stayed clear of them, too.

u-he dragged their feet for many, MANY months all the while blaming anyone else they could point to, unable to take responsibility for their nonsensical stalling. PT has been officially Native for months (with a working beta available to them in 2022) and they still have nothing. They'll get no $ from me every again. I can (sort of) understand the delays but the sour, defensive/offensive finger pointing I don't tolerate.
Old 06-08-2023, 12:47 PM

Neural DSP has another 3 amp sims updated for Silicon Native AAX.

Archetype: Nolly
Archetype: Abasi
Parallax

The remaining plugins to be updated are:

Soldano SLO-100
Archetype: Gojira
Omega Ampworks Granophyre
Archetype: Plini
Fortin NTS Suite
Fortin Nameless Suite
Darkglass Ultra

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 06-09-2023, 05:45 AM

Good news for the Ambisonics community: Blue Ripple Sound has updated their O3A plug-ins to Silicone and brought out some new ones. AAX seems to run fine so far.
Old 06-11-2023, 03:40 PM

PSP spring reverb now ARM native.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1