Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2003, 07:10 AM

Default Remembering 001....

well, 001 is discontinued [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

as one of the first customers buying it in late '99, I felt deep sadness not finding it on page 'products' in digi's website

so many music passed through it, and a lot will pass in the future (I feel it will work for me at least another 3 years [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] )

thank you, 001, you're great every time! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Remembering 001....

As corny as it seems, I feel a bit sad as well, first letting go of my 001 a few weeks ago, followed by the official termination from it's creators. What a great product, despite it's quirks, I learned so much more than I ever imagined by purchasing this little blue box nearly 3 years ago. Sniff...

Ok, no looking back, embrace the new and let's move on! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 10:17 AM

Yeah I'm gonna miss the lil' feller!
I switched back in the day from a Roland VS-840 to the 001 and it's been one helluva ride!!!!STILL IS!!!!! ((((((002))))) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 11:20 AM

Hey digi, thank you to all that geniuses working in your departments [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I'm sure you'll be able to surprise music world another time soon [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] !

A musician that's always on a tight budget... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 01:15 PM

yeah, 2 years to have a system (X) that is so fast, easy to use and so on.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Apple, can we have a decent OS, please? I read somewhere I can use X also on a G3 233.... I'm writing from a PB Pizmo (500 Mhz) and I must say that the best thing is iSync......... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] (well, I think my old Quadra 840AV w/7 was much faster)

I don't use rewire (Emolator IV is enough for me!) then where's the improvement?

Digi let me make my music from '99 trough an inexpensive card, Apple wants me buying a new computer every year [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 04:25 PM

just sold mine about a month ago.... whew... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

ken;
Old 08-04-2003, 04:35 PM

There's nothing wrong with my 001 and I'm keeping it. I really hope this doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to use any future PTLE or plug-in updates just because the 001 isn't sold anymore.

Digi, unlike many of the fold here, I'm not made of freakin' money. I can't just go out and buy new toys because you're tired of making the old one that works just fine.

So, bottom line, am I going to be able to get regular updates that work on my now-dino-like hardware????

I'm a devout follower. Don't tick me off.

T. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 11:24 PM

001 might be discontinued but there is still plenty about alive and well and probably will be for a while yet. (Don't worry little boxes, we'll look after you in your old age. Some of us still care)
My next Digi purchase will probably be a HD rig when the $$, need and priorities are right (see below). Even then, I'll probably keep my 001.

*Insert shameless plug here*
Any A&R execs here on the DUC looking to invest in a talented, enthusiastic songwriter/engineer/performer?? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
*End of shameless plug* *tounge firmly planted in cheek* [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 12:29 AM

As much as I wanted to laugh and piss on Castaliamusic at first for writing that sappy crap, I must say I really got a bit emotional after reading the posts! I'm such a dumb ass!!! Good bye 001 may you rest well w/ the rest of 9.0...

El Caca