Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2012, 12:02 AM

Angry How do you get AVID to Respond ?

I tried using my telephone support that came with PT10...they never answer...over an hour on hold...no one ever came and I finally lost connections.

I tried emailing AVID with my problem of not having a driver that they can supply to support my ProControl. Again ZERO response from Avid after a week of waiting. Ironically, if I call almost any other company for support:
1. I usually get in within a few minutes
2. They rarely charge for their support
3. And believe it or not...these other companies actually give a shxt that one of their customers has a problem and they respond. I can contact Roland and they are on the phone in minutes and will do what ever is needed to fix a problem....perhaps Roland still knows what Service means.

Here in Kansas, we have great consumer protection laws. You buy a product and it doesn't meet "normal/reasonable" use, the company has to refund the money or the Attorney General here will deal with them, get the consumer their refund and impose penalties of thousand of dollars.

Yes, I'm pissed because I thought I was buying a Great Product...that is the industry standard. I have a short period of time to use my free service questions...I'll be out of time before AVID ever even answers the first. In the meantime, I guess they just want me to rotate thumbs you know where.

I'm giving AVID till Thursday night and if I don't get a response back...I hate it...but AVID will eat the software.

I don't enjoy being mean spirited...but AVID appears to give a Sxit less about any kind of reasonable customer service.

Clock is ticking AVID.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 AM

Default Re: How do you get AVID to Respond ?

Crappy customer service is where a companies undoing often starts.
I love Pro Tools... awesome software. Sure no one is perfect, but Pro Tools is great stuff.

Having said that, I also think they need to up their game in a big way in terms of support. Crappy service AFTER the sale will eventually result in no future sales with me as the customer.

Like a lot of people here, I do creative for a living. Video, editing, 3D animation... Avid by far is at the bottom of the pile in terms of service compared to the other software companies I have bought from over the years.

Avid, why not make 2012 the year you make service AFTER the sale something that your customers rave about.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Does avid actually even have support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westridge View Post
I tried using my telephone support that came with PT10...they never answer...over an hour on hold...no one ever came and I finally lost connections.

I tried emailing AVID with my problem of not having a driver that they can supply to support my ProControl.
Hi,

Pro control has not been officially supported since PT8! i realize thats not actually your post issue? as it is about getting in contact with support. but thought it might be worth mentioning!!

anyway see this post as i've uploaded the drivers for mac..

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=314042

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:

I tried emailing AVID with my problem of not having a driver that they can supply to support my ProControl. Again ZERO response from Avid after a week of waiting. Ironically, if I call almost any other company for support:
1. I usually get in within a few minutes
2. They rarely charge for their support
3. And believe it or not...these other companies actually give a shxt that one of their customers has a problem and they respond. I can contact Roland and they are on the phone in minutes and will do what ever is needed to fix a problem....perhaps Roland still knows what Service means.

Here in Kansas, we have great consumer protection laws. You buy a product and it doesn't meet "normal/reasonable" use, the company has to refund the money or the Attorney General here will deal with them, get the consumer their refund and impose penalties of thousand of dollars.

Yes, I'm pissed because I thought I was buying a Great Product...that is the industry standard. I have a short period of time to use my free service questions...I'll be out of time before AVID ever even answers the first. In the meantime, I guess they just want me to rotate thumbs you know where.

I'm giving AVID till Thursday night and if I don't get a response back...I hate it...but AVID will eat the software.

I don't enjoy being mean spirited...but AVID appears to give a Sxit less about any kind of reasonable customer service.

Clock is ticking AVID.
Not being mean spirited, but since the Pro control is discontinued, Avid is in no obligation to provide any support or updated drivers for the unit.

Wave-T.com
Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 AM

That's weird, every time I've emailed them, I've gotten a response within 24 hours.

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 01-04-2012, 09:53 AM

I wish I could tell you how. I submitted a support ticket four days ago for a solution to there being no Windows 7 HDX drivers available. I have yet to hear back from anyone. It's disconcerting that Avid would have no problem selling hardware to Windows consumers with no working drivers. Not even a beta.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Avid

Post Re: How do you get AVID to Respond ?

Quote:
Sorry for the wait - holiday sales have created more activity than expected.

Quote:
I tried emailing AVID with my problem of not having a driver that they can supply to support my ProControl. Again ZERO response from Avid after a week of waiting.
I see you started a case on 12/30, and Tech Support responded this morning around 8am. Please reply to the case notice if that didn't help (check your spam folder if you didn't get the email).
Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Avid

Question Re: How do you get AVID to Respond ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarleton View Post
I submitted a support ticket four days ago for a solution to there being no Windows 7 HDX drivers available. I have yet to hear back from anyone. It's disconcerting that Avid would have no problem selling hardware to Windows consumers with no working drivers. Not even a beta.
We made it clear to our Resellers that the initial HDX release was Mac only. Did they not discuss this with you?

This info is also in the System Requirements on the HDX page.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 AM

My Sweetwater reps never never mentioned it. If they had, I wouldn't have packed up my Legacy gear and installed a new motherboard to accommodate the HDX and been in this situation.

In fact, after I discovered there were no drivers following my PT10 install, I made a suggestion to Sweetwater to update their website to clearly state there are no Windows Drivers available.

Are there beta drivers available for consumers in my situation?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Avid

Post Re: How do you get AVID to Respond ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarleton View Post
My Sweetwater reps never never mentioned it. If they had, I wouldn't have packed up my Legacy gear and installed a new motherboard to accommodate the HDX and been in this situation.

In fact, after I discovered there were no drivers following my PT10 install, I made a suggestion to Sweetwater to update their website to clearly state there are no Windows Drivers available.

Are there beta drivers available for consumers in my situation?
We contacted Sweetwater today and they said they are working with you directly on this situation until the Windows release is available. Thank you for your patience.