Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2010, 08:48 PM

Default MBOX + Eleven Rack - At the same time?

I am strongly inclined to purchase Eleven Rack, I read lots of reviews, watched all the official promo/howto videos and even tested it out at my music store.

However, I reading post about how you can't use Eleven Rack I/O with another LE product like 003, 002 (and MBOX presumibly).

This is concerning as i would like to ADD Eleven Rack to my Recording and Live rig without compromising the MBOX.

Basically, If I purchased Eleven Rack, can I record my Keyboards and Vocals on my Mbox AND Guitar Part on Eleven Rack at the same time?

In this case,
MBOX Mono Vocal + MBOX Stereo Keyboard
plus
11R Mono Dry Guitar + 11R Stereo Processed Guitar.

I'm Using PT 7.4 cs7 Windows XP

I want to buy Eleven Rack, but if I cant interface it with my existing LE setup, I'm going for another guitar amp emulator product.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 PM

Default Re: MBOX + Eleven Rack - At the same time?

You can only use one interface directly in ProTools at a time. You would have to use one interface through the other to use them both at the same time, though for what you're trying to accomplish I don't think it's possible.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 06-10-2010, 06:30 AM

cwsand is correct. However, just using the Eleven Rack by itself will give you enough inputs to do what you want to do. Vocal through xlr input, guitar through true-z input, and keyboard through stereo line inputs.

But the other issue with doing that is I'm not sure Eleven Rack is compatible with PT 7.4 if you wanted to use it as your interface. Or at the very least I don't know that you could access the on-screen control window for the rack if you're not on PT 8.

The other option would be to use the Eleven rack through the mbox, as cwsand mentioned. Not sure how you'd want to set up the inputs.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM

Default Is the Eleven Rack editor accessible within Pro Tools 8.0.1 when using an Mbox2 Pro?

Hello,

I have an Mbox2 Pro (Firewire) and have the Eleven LE RTAS plug-in. the software plug-in sounds great, but it's very taxing on my computer. I was thinking about buying an Eleven Rack and adding it to my Pro Tools 8.0.1 setup. Looks like after reading this thread, you can't use all the inputs and outputs on both units at the same time.

But, I am curious to know that if I choose to use the firewire Mbox2 Pro as my main interface while having the Eleven Rack connected via USB, will the plug-in editor for the Eleven Rack still be accessible within Pro Tools? It would be nice to be able to edit and save the settings of the Eleven Rack as part of a Pro Tools Session.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:12 AM

The window is normally available to use in the way you're talking about. It works that way with 003 and HD systems. I would assume it's the same with the Mboxes.