Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-28-2017, 12:29 AM

Default Commit always consolidating clips?

From Table Tennis Prodigy to Talent Hunt

Mar 02, 2013 (This Day/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) -- Whoever thought sports, attractiveness and instructional excellence are odd bedfellows has likely not met Okenla-Ojeaga, a former female table tennis winner.

"I started playing table tennis at a really young age to get https://www.quora.com/profile/Sportz...-Choose-Them-1.

I began at home playing a soak away, tutored with my brother.

I never understood how good I had been until I followed him to Mobolaji Sports Centre, Rowe Park There, I saw a great deal of folks playing and asked if I could perform with.

They were mostly boys at that time and a few of them gave me his paddle and that I played with it and I figure I impressed several to the extent that coaches that were present at the sports center started asking for my name.
This was the way I came into playing table tennis," she remembered.
It is generally not a rosy tale at the beginning for young women seeking to pursue a career in sports, but Okenla-Ojeaga could not recall facing any hurdle.

"At that time there were lots of young boys and girls playing the sport and I was only playing table tennis to the pleasure of it.

I was not playing to be a champion, but at some point it got very severe.
I can't recall any challenges I experienced," she said.

Though it's been a long time ago, but she still can't forget the her first championship.

"My very first tournament was in 1979 in the Asoju Oba.

I placed third in the ladies' singles"Despite the fact she lost in the final of the Elephant Cement Table Tennis Championship, the contest so far remains memorable for her : "My most memorable game was in the Elephant Cement Table Tennis Championship held in Ogun State.

I made it into the final of the girls' singles but lost to Ganiyat Agoro in a very tough and competitive match.

"As part of her effort to revamp the match of table tennis Nigeria, United States-based Okenla-Ojeaga has started a secondary school table tennis tournament which made its debut this past year.

"One of my most important objectives is to give back to the society since I know what table tennis and sports generally have done for me personally.
When I was growing up I used to be somewhat shy and sports helped me to conquer that.

It increased my self respect and encouraged me to pursue my dreams.
I believe that in the event you've got a very high self esteem you will not be afraid to do anything.

So, sports helped me to be focused on my dreams and attain those dreams," she explained.

Asked how the finest could be brought out of table tennis players, the elegant lady said: "Nigeria's sports have diminished a lot. During my period we used to get a lot of sponsors and championships to compete in.

Without tournaments you can't discover how good a player is.
"Back then, we used to take part in a great deal of tournaments such as Asoju Oba, which is still the only one of the lot that is still on.
You will find also the Bournvita Open, Omo Open to mention a few, but now there's not one of these championships again, which is quite unfortunate.
I'm so appealing to private organizations to come to the rescue of table tennis and sports as a whole so as to get the most out of our youths and get them off the roads.

"Okenla-Ojeaga was recently called the ambassador for its Pastor E.
A.

Adeboye U-20 Championship and she expects to bring her expertise to bear.
"Being called the ambassador of this tournament, I would be telling the youths about my experience and hope it would promote them.

Additionally, it's essential for the participants to have the ability to combine sports with education; it is very vital.
Without education, sports isn't anything," Okenla-Ojeaga, a practising nurse in the USA emphasised.

=> All best of ping pong: https://www.facebook.com/bestpingpongpaddles/

On whether some of her children has into the game that attracted her national fame and fortune, she explained: "Unfortunately, not at the federal level as I did; they play for their schools.

They also play basketball for their own schools.

In addition, I have a son who plays American football at the moment for his school but not at the federal or state level right now.

"Late coach Stephen Williams might not have been a family name in Nigerian table tennis bands, but it was that Okenla-Ojeaga gained the ability that nurtured her career.

"He was then Bendel State's federal table tennis trainer.

He really assisted in improving my game.

" And one name she wouldn't forget in a hurry is Kuburat Owolabi - that the participant who gave her best resistance during her playing days.
However she had to deal with a familiar obstacle: the typical scepticism of parents with regards to letting their kids pursue their sporting fire.
"My parents flocked to my engaging in sports and that I had to assure them I would not allow that to affect my education in any way.

It was mainly the reason I made up my mind to accept the scholarship offer which Bendel State gave to me so that I could combine my education with sports," Ojeaga, that presently has a contract with US Department of Justice and Marshals, said.

Running three other companies besides a private clinic, flying back home to Nigeria in the least notice and also running a family is certainly not a walk in the park.

"I've companies which have stabilized and my contract with the department of justice is a really good contract because whenever I tell them that I have an obligation to if they find someone to pay for me while I am away.
In terms of my business I have people that are running it for me while I'm not there.

"Much of the things I do are based online and that I will monitor my businesses on the internet to know if they are doing it while I'm in Nigeria.
So, it's not been very tough.

However, combining the whole thing together with handling a home has been a tiny bit challenging but thank God I have a spouse that is extremely understanding so he fills in for me necessary," she explained.

At the London Olympic Games in London Nigeria presented a team of mostly old players who have been representing the nation through the years.
It was not surprising they barely made any mark at the preliminaries.
"At that point it was very disheartening to see the decline of table tennis players.

Throughout our time Atanda Musa and one or two players were well placed on the planet and we held the African American championship album and we were well placed in the Commonwealth Games.

Now, it is another story, and I expect that one day with my involvement and Pastor Adeboye coming around host contests, and if the private industry ideally sponsor a few championship, we will discover hidden abilities.
The game can go back to its glory days and Nigeria can likely produce a world champion in the nearest future best ping pong tables.

After all, the Chinese are not superhuman.
"In years ahead, the prior ping pong prodigy want Nigerians to recall her for the role she played in reviving the game.
"If my contribution to the community may encourage a couple of individuals, I think I have met my goal," she concluded.

Last edited by firosiro; 01-18-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Commit always consolidating clips?

Works fine here. What is your setup (software, hardware, OS)?

Do you by any chance have Melodyne on that track? Commit will then render a single clip.