Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2013, 02:35 PM

Default Purchased PT 9-10 upgrade but had 8 on my system, cannot download ilok liscence -help

Hey guys, can someone please point me in the right direction as to what to possibly do.

I was originally using PT M-powered, which I then upgraded to PT 8 LE, which I was using for some time on my old G5. Not too long ago upgraded to an intel MacPro and decided to try out the PT10 demo that you can download and try out for 30 days. Really really like it, so i purchased a PT10 registration card through an online retailer, but DID NOT realize that it was an upgrade from PT9 to 10. So when i got it in the mail, opened the package and registered it and when I went to the ilok site to download my license, the ilok site tells me i need to surrender my PT9 license which obviously I don't have (yes my bad).
I got some complimentary service through Avid for the purchase of my upgrade, sent them and email and have not heard a peep.

Can someone please give me some suggestions as to how to proceed?

I noticed on ebay there is a PT MP9 for $100 or
Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade from Pro Tools M-Powered for $150, should i be looking at these options? I still have my M-Powered License on my ilok even though i had upgraded to PT8 LE.

thanks for your suggestions
Old 01-12-2013, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Purchased PT 9-10 upgrade but had 8 on my system, cannot download ilok liscence -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcbarbeau View Post
Hey guys, can someone please point me in the right direction as to what to possibly do.

I was originally using PT M-powered, which I then upgraded to PT 8 LE, which I was using for some time on my old G5. Not too long ago upgraded to an intel MacPro and decided to try out the PT10 demo that you can download and try out for 30 days. Really really like it, so i purchased a PT10 registration card through an online retailer, but DID NOT realize that it was an upgrade from PT9 to 10. So when i got it in the mail, opened the package and registered it and when I went to the ilok site to download my license, the ilok site tells me i need to surrender my PT9 license which obviously I don't have (yes my bad).
I got some complimentary service through Avid for the purchase of my upgrade, sent them and email and have not heard a peep.

Can someone please give me some suggestions as to how to proceed?

I noticed on ebay there is a PT MP9 for $100 or
Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade from Pro Tools M-Powered for $150, should i be looking at these options? I still have my M-Powered License on my ilok even though i had upgraded to PT8 LE.

thanks for your suggestions
I think the MPowered cross grade should work. I would read what it says about it in the online Avis store before plunking down any money. Also you should check with the online retailer first as they may have a solution for you.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Purchased PT 9-10 upgrade but had 8 on my system, cannot download ilok liscence -

Yeah I checked the Avid online store, they have absolutely nothing related to PT9 now that 10 is out, they seem to have completely discontinued support for it.
I'll send an email to the retailer to see what they suggest.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:52 PM
zolko

You have several options to try:
1. Return it to retailer and buy LE to 10 crossgrade
2. Talk to Avid guys
3. Sell it and buy LE to 10 crossgrade
4. Buy LE to 10 crossgrade and forget your waste :)
5. Buy PT10 with some hardware
6. Buy PT9 with some hardware
7. Buy second hand PT9 licence and use your update