Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM

Default Unable to reacquire hardware and DAE error 6117. Please help

Hi,

I've been using PT10 for a couple of months and while it has not been particularly stable, I have managed to nurse it through to mix stage of a multi-track project.

PT10 has stopped working for me and the above errors (see subject) have arisen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both my PT software and the driver for my MBox3 (3rd generation). I recently upgraded to PT10.3.3

My PC is running Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1). It has an Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @3.40GHz and 16Gb of RAM System type 64-bit

I can't think of anything other than the 10.3.3 upgrade that has changed on my system (PT has worked okay for a week or so following that upgrade).

I need to get working. Can anyone help advise me asap please?

Regards,

TSP
https://soundcloud.com/#thesmackpandas/sets
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Unable to reacquire hardware and DAE error 6117. Please help

I don't know what that error means, but post a SANDRA report to see if there are any red flags in your system.

Windows users need to provide a Sandra report

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.

You can find videos on how to create a Sandra report here (generously provided by DUC member Benoni) :
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=303059

The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for Tech Support and other users to assist you - take the time now to document everything you can and you'll save time in the long run. We can't express enough the importance of describing everything in extreme detail - remember, no one here can see how your gear is configured, so we need an accurate description by you to get a clear picture. The better we can envision your setup, the easier it will be to troubleshoot.

If you have been referred to this thread and reply without providing the information requested above, including the Sandra report for Windows users, your post is very likely to be given lower priority in favor of those who have provided complete information.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 06-16-2015, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Unable to reacquire hardware and DAE error 6117. Please help

Has this been resolved for you? I've reinstalled my version of PT 10.3.10 and I keep getting the DAE -6117 error. There is no info on it in the Avid knowledgebase.