Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 08-06-2017, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Please help with Air Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade to enable iLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
At the end of the day, one last thing will be important; check your iLok account under the Available Licenses section to see if you have a second iLok asset for the bundle. If you do, then drag that onto a second iLok so you can run the package on 2 systems at the same time(unless you don't mind moving a single iLok). I wish every company included 2 licenses, but many don't. But several do(Eventide and Slate, for example)
Under the iLok it shows the old original license for the Air Instrument Expansion pack 1.0 with each instrument having a 1.x license.

So it appears that I originally used iLok to authorize the 1.0 verion of the Air Instruments, but then when I went to 2.0, the authorizing was done inside the plugin itself, so it is not using the iLok anymore. You just type in authorization code (or digital rights code as it was called) when ProTools launches.

That is my whole problem I guess. I can't move the Air instrument plugins with the rest of Protools and all my other stuff. The Air instruments are NOT being authorized from the iLok. They seem to be stuck on the tracking PC only. And of course ProTools 11 itself is on the iLok.

I had no problem re-authorizing Waves plugins on the second PC. I used their cloud-based Waves central and it worked no problem.

ASUS PRIME Z390-A / Intel i7 rackmount PC
Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
AIR Instrument Expansion Pack v2
WAVES Platinum plugin bundle
Tascam US-16x08 Interface
100% Analog real time monitoring 16x4
Yamaha 16 channel MG16XU Analog Monitor Mixer
Yamaha MX-88 / Novation XiO keyboards
Mackie 4-channel headphone amp
Adam A8X monitors
Blue / Shure, etc. microphones

Estonia 6' 8" Parlor Grand Piano
Yamaha Studio Drum kit

https://www.dc-choppah.com/

Last edited by DC-Choppah; 08-06-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-07-2017, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Please help with Air Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade to enable iLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-Choppah View Post
Under the iLok it shows the old original license for the Air Instrument Expansion pack 1.0 with each instrument having a 1.x license.

So it appears that I originally used iLok to authorize the 1.0 verion of the Air Instruments, but then when I went to 2.0, the authorizing was done inside the plugin itself, so it is not using the iLok anymore. You just type in authorization code (or digital rights code as it was called) when ProTools launches.

That is my whole problem I guess. I can't move the Air instrument plugins with the rest of Protools and all my other stuff. The Air instruments are NOT being authorized from the iLok. They seem to be stuck on the tracking PC only. And of course ProTools 11 itself is on the iLok.

I had no problem re-authorizing Waves plugins on the second PC. I used their cloud-based Waves central and it worked no problem.
This Air thing sounds Kafka-esque. Sad they don't have a mechanism in place for people like you to go to the newer bundle.

QAPLA!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Please help with Air Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade to enable iLok

I am having the same problem here and even worst.....I had ignite on my computer before I bought the air expansion pack 2 and when I authorized it...I removed ignite and it removed all the sounds from the expansion pack with it....And I can NOT reinstall them......on my Ilok key they are activated but when I want to install them again they do not get authorized....so I can not use them any longer..!!! As I only have the same "digital rights" number as the previous poster...I can not even upgrade to the new version!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Please help with Air Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade to enable iLok

Seriously guys. Email Simon.

That's what support is there for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
The whole AIR thing is really finicky. It's probably the most convoluted way of obtaining and installing software I've ever come across.

Get in touch with a guy called Simon Bangs. He's REALLY helpful and quick at getting back to you. He'll definitely be able to sort it out for you.

sbangs (at) inmusicbrands (dot) com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent him a note, and a day later I got an email from Air with all of the authorizations code to all of the instruments that now are all authorized from my iLock. I have the latest version of all the instruments now and they work great.

I am back in business!

Thank you Sardi and Simon Bangs and for the AIR wonderful instruments.

Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Adam A8X monitors

Yamaha Studio Drum kit

Old 09-01-2017, 06:51 PM

Oooops. Structure 2.0.7 is NOT working. Dang it!

I just tried to use Structure and turned out it was not updated. I never actually tried to use it until now. All the other instruments DO work and are licensed from the iLock and can move between PCs.

OK, I went through the update process again to go from Structure 2.0 to 2.0.7, and what happens is the 2.0.7 update installer fails and says error code 2732.

Then when it finishes, it says it failed with error code 0x80070643.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I actually need to use the sampler. And I actually like Structure a lot. It's a steep learning curve, but it is also very powerful.

Air Support told me to uninstall Structure and start from scratch. I did that to no avail. They then gave me new license codes, but that is no help since the installer itself fails before I have a chance to activate it.

I uninstalled Structure. Then I reinstalled from the big 2.0 installer, then I applied the 2.07 update, but that exits with the errors.

I am seeing the exact same failure and error codes on both of my PCs. One runs Windows 7 and the other Windows 10.

Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Adam A8X monitors

Yamaha Studio Drum kit

Old 09-01-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Oooops. Structure 2.0.7 is NOT working. Dang it!
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Simon Bangs sent me a link (late 2015) for the Structure 2.0.7.1900 Full Installer for Windows – not the 2.0.7 Updater (which, as you know, doesn't work).
Email Simon again – ask him for the link - he's a great help.

Big download - but necessary if you have to use Structure immediately.

I know there's a Windows 2.0.8 (or whatever the number is) Structure Updater in the pipeline - but "coming soon" is no help to you right now ....

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:10 AM

I can tell you guys it was the same issues when we tried to install these VI on one of our nMP trashcan a few months ago. Soo many codes and download strangeness so we gave up and haven't missed the IEP2 whatso ever.

I tried again a week ago and got all VI installed except for Strike and Structure which aren't good anyway.

I got the full installer of Structure even though i didn't ask for it emailed which didn't authorize and with Strike it isn't worth all the issues since there are much better drum VI that just works as soon as you run the installers. No serial number madness or botched downloads etc.

AIR has NEVER worked for us without peoblem galore from day one when we bought the PTIEP1 on DVD's for over €500 and have not been happy since.

@AIR: Time to seriously look at your delivery system as it is soo convoluted that people move away from the VI's even after paying a lot of money.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-02-2017, 06:17 AM

I should add that the Velvet 2.0.7 update also did crash on both PCs too. But the fix was simple and worked, which is to install the trial version from the website, and then authorize it.

Unfortunately, there is no trial version for Structure on the Air website.

I will ask Mr Bangs for the installer. But I fear, given what Southside said, that even that won't work.

Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Adam A8X monitors

Yamaha Studio Drum kit

Old 09-02-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I will ask Mr Bangs for the installer. But I fear, given what Southside said, that even that won't work.
Real-time Session just created to show you Structure 2.0.7.19000 working fine here - I used the Full Installer from Simon, whom I'll now email to request this Full Installer be posted on the Structure Updates page for others, also.

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 11:32 PM.