Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 AM

Default saving video in PT, exporting to earlier version

Hello PT Friends,

I import avi video files into PT and edit the audio/video which are grouped together in 2 tracks. I edit via audio.

Is there a way to save the tracks, say as an avi file which will include audio as well as video. I then want to be able to import the saved avi track into my laptop which is older and runs an earlier version of PT. The earlier version (7.3) also imports avi files and can edit as video/audio linked tracks. I would like to be able to take these avi files and go back and forth between 2 mac computers. The laptop is for portable editing.

I couldn't find anything on the file menu that would export the tracks. Does anyone have a click by click solution?

Main computer is:
imac
10.5.8 leapord
2.66ghz
4g memory
PT Le 8.0.1

Thanks for your help,
Grateful
Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 AM

Default Re: saving video in PT, exporting to earlier version

You have to use Bounce to QuickTime Movie. I don't know if you can bounce to AVI tho. To see all your options, follow this procedure:

1. Hold down control-option-command all together
2. While holding those, go to File menu - Bounce To - QuickTime Movie
3. When you select this while holding the 3 keys mentioned, you can choose other options for video format

Again, I don't recall seeing AVI as a choice, but maybe another format will suit you?