Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-15-2023, 08:44 AM

Default UJAM Plugins and Pro Tools

I am in love with the UJAM plugins but I am finding that they might be causing Pro Tools to crash. Is anyone else using their virtual instruments and having an issue?

Thanks all

Gina
Old 01-15-2023, 09:24 AM

Default Re: UJAM Plugins and Pro Tools

I have all of the UJAM plug-ins and haven’t really experienced any trouble with them. One did crash on me, but it hasn’t happened enough for me to actually blame them. It could’ve been a host of other things as well.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:41 PM

They're not crashing but they do refuse to keep my authorization. Each time I open a session with Kandy it asks me to authorize the plugin, and the stink of it is that after authorizing it opens with the default settings. Any changes I'd made are gone. I have to Import Session Data from a backup session to get the parameters back.

It's only the latest version that shows this behavior. The previous one is fine, so they introduced the bug recently. I've been talking to ujam about this for months but they don't do anything about it. They'd actually suggested that I have the ujam app open upon computer startup which is ridiculous because that forces you to log in every time. Why they can't go back to the code of the previous version and discover what's causing this issue is mind boggling.

Anyway, great sounding plugins, but they seem to have their bugs.
Old 01-19-2023, 08:59 AM

PT 2020.9.1 - Windows 11 here.....

I believe the issues are on UJam's side. They appear to have been inconsistent on their plugin upgrades. I use both Virtual Bassist ROYAL and Virtual Guitarist IRON. Virtual Bassist got all jacked on the 2.0 upgrade while Virtual Guitarist, I can run both v.1 and v.2 together. Part of it seemed to be the naming. With Virtual Bassist, they didn't call the upgrade 2.0, they left it unnumbered like the first one. Another change on the Bassist from V.1 to v.2 they changed it from a mono instrument to a stereo one. What this did to me was render Bassist completely unusable in my current project. Pro Tools would crash after the initial install of Bassist v.2. Since both were considered the same version it flaked. I couldn't work on the project until Bassist was no longer on the tracks. I had to do a complete uninstall and removal of v.1 & v.2, remove it from my tracks on the current project, then reinstall v.2. Bassist now works after that. Not sure if this is at all relatable to what the O.P. had issues with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled8.jpg (49.0 KB, 0 views)

Steve

Last edited by sslechta; 01-19-2023 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 01-19-2023, 12:43 PM

No serious issues here.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com