Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 08-18-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Where can I get the included Digirack plugins?

Hello,
I had a nightmare installing MPowered Protools on my new Macbook Pro this morning, but thanks to advice from other people with the same problems (mainly relating to the Pace extensions causing nasty conflicts and the installer getting permissions incorrect) and upgrading to 7.3 from 7.1, it is finally up and running as 7.3.1cs4. However, even though I installed 7.3 before 7.3.1, I didn't get any of the standard included RTAS plugins (e.g. 'click' or any of the basic EQs / delays) or anything under the Audiosuite menu. The installer seemingly crashes out every time just as it's about to install these. How can I get these plugins? Am I missing something obvious? 7.1 versions exist on my old NON-INTEL imac, but am concerned about just copying them across in case the fact that they are not necessarily Universal causes my machine to run slower than it needs to with Protools. Or is that worry unfounded? Also they are not specifically version 7.3 so I'd be missing new features anyway. I've searched through the support downloads but could only find updates for paid plugins rather than the standard included-in-the-cost Digirack suite. Please help!
Many thanks,
Robin
Old 08-19-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Where can I get the included Digirack plugins?

HI,

NON-Universal Binariy PT and Plug-ins will NOT work under any circumstance on an Intel Mac.
The oldest UB version of PT is 7.1.1. Any earlier Version will NOT work.

DID you make shure you got th right installers?
The newest version can be downloaded from the DIGI website.
here:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...=LE&langid=100
(digi/products/plug-ins->Manufacturer->digidesign)

Also, which version of OS X are you running. 10.4.9 and 10.4.10 are KNOWN to be problematic
with PT.
Follow the troubleshooting thread at the top of this forum and you may succeed.

regs