Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2022, 01:32 PM

Default Zebra 2 users - help please

If there are any Zebra 2 users out there could you help a fellow out? Zebra Legacy has dropped a couple of days ago for $99 US where you get Zebra 2 and all the expansions. Problem is the latest version doesn't have a Mac AAX version due to supposedly the Avid development tool not being compatible with the Apple SDK as seen on this page in a yellow box: https://u-he.com/products/zebra2/

Instead we get the previous version of Zebra. I'm calling BS on this because I believe I've seen other developers that don't have this issue and have been able to put out product that runs on both Intel and Apple Silicon. I'd like to have the newest version but at the same time don't feel like running it inside VEPro if I can help it.

I guess the question is: how good is the developer on doing updates in a timely manner? The version previous to the latest dropped in 2020 and I have to wonder if that would run correctly in PT 2021.6 on the Mac in my profile page? Unfortunately I can't demo it because I already demo'd it a couple of years ago when I was looking for a new synth and got UVI Falcon instead. And U-he doesn't do demo resets.

QAPLA!