How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 11-10-2021, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Q regarding how to connect TC Clarity M

Second part
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B6209130-01E6-43ED-96A8-5388B7CB64DF.jpg (70.2 KB, 0 views)

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-10-2021, 02:28 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We only use the Dsub 8 in 8 out. Not the preamps etc. And those 8 goes to 2 x Flock audio PATCH 32/32 and we have to so we use the ins and outs when we need to make a vocal chain or any chain as we have over 70 high end outboards so is there any easier way like it is on our Apollo X 8P units? We just do a delete all paths and default them again on in/out/bus?

If not what video do you need me to film? As i said this is NOT my thing and both carbons act the same (10.000 dollars) and cant get a optical port to send as easy as the X series which are much less $.

What do i need to do exactly? 6 days and still nothing! Thanks BTW
The issue appears to be the session itself. It has not been manually re-mapped for Carbon's I/O complement. Pro Tools won't automatically know which Apollo paths you want mapped to Carbon paths.

In those last two screenshots, it looks like you defaulted all the paths. Great. So, now assign a track output to ADAT 1:1-2 in your session and play back. Hopefully, you see metering on Clarity (assuming it's still connected to the ADAT OUT 1 port on Carbon).
Berkeley, CA
Old 11-10-2021, 02:29 PM

We we paralell send adat and mon out the TC works half but thats NOT how we want it as then when we lower the master the TC still shows the data and thats not how we have used the TC before on Apollo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F6A129A2-EF4D-46C5-99DD-739CA1213C66.jpg (59.5 KB, 0 views)

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-10-2021, 02:44 PM

I need talk to someone as we always use Mon L/R on the tracks so if i want all tracks we use do we now need to run all the tracks in adat out but where as we use a master and it i Mon l/R and all this is totally over my head. How does this work!? Are both our Carbon broken as we have lots of so gs we have placed to big artists and do i need to set ALL tracks to adat but where and how do they get to masterL/R?

Mind you we Never used adat or spdif we produce great songs you hear on the radio and never had to Screw around like this before we swapped our apollos to carbon so I need to have someone explain this really simple/

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-10-2021, 02:49 PM

Default Q regarding how to connect TC Clarity M

Disregard.

Tapatalk hadn’t loaded latest posts. Already answered.
Old 11-10-2021, 02:54 PM

You lost me. Answer this and I try to figure it out for you.
  1. do you need to output so much via ADAT that you need both optical outs for it? if so, you do not have any opticals left for outputting SPDIF to the meter box
  2. do you use mon l/r as a send from tracks or what?
  3. have you tried to have a "mix" buss that has outputs to your speaker outputs (say, analog 1-2) and copied that to your monitor box outputs (optical spdif)?

Maybe this is more of a routing problem. If you simply want to send your "mix" buss to speakers and meter, hold command while choosing another output for it.

Or maybe Carbon has a similar feature than this Apogee Symphony mkII of mine, that simply mirrors chosen analog output pair to SPDIF, in which case you would not have to do anything in PT. I would not know, I don't have and have never used Carbon so far.
Old 11-10-2021, 03:01 PM

Default Q regarding how to connect TC Clarity M

Agree with what JFreak posted.

This all seems like a session routing issue to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2021, 03:04 PM

We ONLY use a few ins and outs to the PATCH Audio and all 8 in and out are dsubs so we dont use any preamps or any other connections from carbon. We never used adat or spdif so I have no isea how to route this damn thing to send the master volume info ffom carbon to TC clarity! Thatsit! How do i route that then have never even used adat ports oe spdif etc! We rout all tracks to L Mon R Mon now and if we wanna use outboards we use the 8in/8out analog via dsub that are soldered to dsubs and gors into Flocl Patch to the tracks we want to have outboards on. We dont use either adat or spdif! We jjst need this f’ing TC to send from Carbon to TC which sounds like cildsplay to me. One optical from Carbon to Optical input on TC. TC only have ONE optical port

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-10-2021, 03:06 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I need talk to someone as we always use Mon L/R on the tracks so if i want all tracks we use do we now need to run all the tracks in adat out but where as we use a master and it i Mon l/R and all this is totally over my head. How does this work!? Are both our Carbon broken as we have lots of so gs we have placed to big artists and do i need to set ALL tracks to adat but where and how do they get to masterL/R?

Mind you we Never used adat or spdif we produce great songs you hear on the radio and never had to wcrew around like this before we swapped our apollos to carbon so I need to have someone explain this really simple/
As I mentioned earlier, please read the 2021.10 What's New guide. See pg 19 "Analog Monitoring with Digital Metering" where it explains how to mirror the MON L-R output to ADAT 1: 1-2.
Berkeley, CA
Old 11-10-2021, 03:11 PM

” just read this and that ” its it in swedish as i am not from the US so language barriers anyone

We used to have people (techs) just login to our mac and help set it up! Why is this soo hardto get that after 8 years of giving my free time to Avid.? Now i need a few minutes for some tech to look into our Mac!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————