Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 05-28-2016, 02:07 PM

Default Unable to install Eleven Rack Editor on Win 10

I realize that there are posts about this and I've searched them all and tried all the options, but I still cannot get this iLok License Manager to install, it's so frustrating.
At the end of the day, I can't really understand why Avid insists on this copy protection software for something that is only of use to anyone with the hardware rack itself.
Aside from all the other advice of installing every .NET runtime ever issued and using compatibility mode and installing in safe mode, has anyone found any other solution?
Thanks
Old 05-28-2016, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Unable to install Eleven Rack Editor on Win 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowwhistler View Post
I realize that there are posts about this and I've searched them all and tried all the options, but I still cannot get this iLok License Manager to install, it's so frustrating.
At the end of the day, I can't really understand why Avid insists on this copy protection software for something that is only of use to anyone with the hardware rack itself.
Aside from all the other advice of installing every .NET runtime ever issued and using compatibility mode and installing in safe mode, has anyone found any other solution?
Thanks
It is far from clear what you are trying to say. Presumably you have an Eleven Rack or you would not be bothering to try to install the editor. If you don't have an Eleven Rack hardware what are you hoping to do? And even then the ILM has nothing to do with the Eleven Rack hardware, the ILM is used for with licensing Pro Tools and plugins (some of which may be Eleven Rack derived plugins, but that has no relevance to having actual Eleven Rack hardware).

The ILM is unfortunately needed because the Eleven Rack editor software uses a plugin architecture/components from Pro Tools. But either way you don't have a choice and complaining about it will not help you solve this problem.

So focus on the ILM problem. If you actually want help here the info to provide are things like what exact version of the ILM you are things to install on exact what Windows 10 version and exactly what trouble shooting steps you have tried. And ultimately that ends with doing a clean install of Windows 10 on a spare partition and trying to install the ILM there (before any other software). Was this Windows 10 install a full clean install or an upgrade?
Old 05-28-2016, 03:29 PM

I've installed Avid Eleven Rack 1.1.11 and I'm trying to install ILM 3.0.2r33217 on Windows 10 1511 10586.318 - yes, I do have the hardware rack.

It's failing with the Error 1935 that it appears from searching is common. As suggested in various articles, I have installed every version of the C++ .NET runtime, I've tried running the installer in compatibility mode (both Win 7 and 8) and with admin privileges and I've tried this in full windows mode and safe mode.
Whilst I could, as you suggest try a fresh windows install in a new partition, I can't work like that, so even if it worked, it wouldn't actually solve the problem.
Thanks for your reply...
Old 05-28-2016, 03:50 PM

Avid Eleven Rack 1.1.11 are the Windows ASIO driver bundle. Nothing there has anything to do with the ILM. So that installs OK? You see the eleven Rack as an audio device?

You are installing the ILM because you want to use the Eleven Rack editor stand-along or with a third party DAW? If you are running Pro Tools the ILM would already be installed.

You saw this? (top google result for searching for this error) http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...bc02220?auth=1 Try the tip there from Microsoft support?

At this point you likely should be trying a new clean Windows install on a spare partition or new drive and just the ILM. If that works you then get to install all the other software you need on that Windows partition.

Especially if you've been upgrading Windows installs this is a good thing to do anyhow to clean up the unbelievable mess typical of doing that. Not clear if you have or not, but the bottom line is don't do in-situ upgrades, or if you do and they have problems then try full clean installs. At least if that does not work you have a chance of a vendor reproducing and fixing problems.

Your other choice is give up on the Eleven Rack editor or anything else that requires the ILM.

Trying compatibility mode stuff I would expect to be a waste of time here.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:10 PM

Yes, the audio device is working fine, it's the standalone editor I was wanting to use, but I think it might be time to give up on that. And you're right, I don't use ProTools so I didn't want to install that just for the editor.
It was a clean install of Windows from last weekend.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated...
Old 05-28-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowwhistler View Post
Yes, the audio device is working fine, it's the standalone editor I was wanting to use, but I think it might be time to give up on that. And you're right, I don't use ProTools so I didn't want to install that just for the editor.
It was a clean install of Windows from last weekend.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated...
Ouch if it was a clean Windows 10 install that is pretty bad. Did you try the repair stuff suggested by Microsoft in that link?

I am not a fan of Pace, their crappy software quality or poor support. If you can live without iLok software I would. Personally I rarely use the Eleven Rack editor, but I mostly use one or two rig setups and can reproduce them on any Eleven Rack front panels easily. Certainly I don't want to have to power up a computer to mess with an Eleven Rack live. The Editor UI/UX is pretty well done and other folks absolutely rely on the Editor for what they need to do.

If you do want to try still I would spin up a clean Windows 10 install and try the ILM there. You never know what some previous software you installed did to Windows 10. If that fails it's absolutely a Pace problem and they should be able to reproduce it.