How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 AM

Default "Import Session Data" Audio File Duplicates

Hi everyone,

I'm bouncing sessions back and forth between two rooms at a studio so editing can be taking place simultaneously with tracking. I'm using the "Import Session Data" command, hitting "Match Tracks", and then only importing "Clips and Media" so my I/O, plugins, etc stay the same, but all the edits in clips can go from the editing to the tracking session. I realized that under "Audio Media Options" I had "Copy from source media" selected, so it was making duplicates of all the audio files with a .1 at the end (ex: AudioFile_01.1) and doubling the size of the audio files folder. Since then, I've switched to "Link to source media", which takes care of the problem. My question: how do I delete all these duplicates? Is there some sort of command to clean up the audio folder? I can do it manually, but how do I relink with the original, non duplicated files?

Thanks!

-Evan
evanbradford.com
clearlakerecordingstudios.com
feverrecording.com