Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-08-2004, 08:46 AM

Default Help - \"Unable to locate hardware.\"

I'm new, so all suggestions are appreciated, so is your patience and help.

After operating smoothly for almost a year, suddenly, yesterday, I get an error message when launching PTLE 6.2.2, "Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready." Everything is connected and powered up, but still not located by the computer. The system has worked w/o problems up until now.

I'm running Digi002 on a MAC 1.25 Dual G4. Nothing has been changed since previous session.

Any ideas why my computer won't locate the hardware? Should I try reinstalling? (All files are backed up.)

Help! -- Cruiser
Old 10-14-2004, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Help - \"Unable to locate hardware.\"

it's your firewire port
Old 10-15-2004, 09:55 PM

i'm kind of having the same issue... however, it doesn't seem to be my fireports...

i've plugged in other firewire devices (harddrive, ipod) and they mount...

i'm running a DIGI002R on a g4...
i was working in reason and all of a sudden my 002r crashed out on me...

my computer is not recognizing the hardware, NOR do the green lights on the oo2r light up.

the only light is the MUTe button... any suggestions?

thanks!
Old 10-16-2004, 01:21 PM

Everyone has this problem. And I am thinking of you own an 002r, an it hasnt happend yet, it will. Its the power supply of the 002r, its not seated right or something and almost all 002r have this problem. Digi knows about it and even if your 002r is out of warrenty, they will fix it for free. It happend to me a month or so ago, and I took it to an authorized Digi hardware repair place close to work one day, and they fixed it in 2 hours. Droped it off on lunch break and picked it up on my way home. The guy at the shop knew exactly what to do cause he told me all he has been doing for the last year is fixing these things. So, you can check this out....

http://digidesign.com/support/repair/

and find a place near you. You will have to call Digi and get some kind of work number, the the repair people will do it for free. Once its fixed your 002r will be back to normal. Even if this problem was there and went away ( which happend to me) it will be back again , so your prob better off just getting it done now.

peace
Old 10-21-2004, 03:40 PM

I had this gremlin pop up on me yesterday, but it may not be the power harness as I suspected. I have a relatively new 002R, and it started this behavior. I called digi today for a new power harness cable. Last night I hooked up my m-box to same computer (G5, dual 2gb, v2) it ran fine for hours, so I assumed then the 002R was having the 'infamous' power harness issue. Today, now the m-box, too, has taken on the "Unable to locate hardware" behavior even though the lights are all on and in the apple system audio preferences it will be there, but then later disconnect. Thus, pro tools won't launch. Anyone have any ideas what's up with this?
Thanks!