Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Robert,
Dig the song and think that it has a lot of potential. Volume needs to be bumped a notch.

Please e-mail me directly at my studio address. Go below and there is a link on the contact page.

I am listening on my small computer monitors at work, but I hear a slight phase in the vocals at the end of the song? (Editor you hear that?) May be EQ though, cannot tell until I pipe it through the monitors at home.

E-mail me though. Have some questions for you and thoughts..

-Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 02-26-2004, 11:57 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poster: IntelDoc
Subject: Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here

Robert,
Dig the song and think that it has a lot of potential. Volume needs to be bumped a notch.
Please e-mail me directly at my studio address. Go below and there is a link on the contact page.
I am listening on my small computer monitors at work, but I hear a slight phase in the vocals at the end of the song? (Editor you hear that?) May be EQ though, cannot tell until I pipe it through the monitors at home.
E-mail me though. Have some questions for you and thoughts..
-Doc
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc,

Ya', I hear a dip in the vox at the end. Also the entire mix seems to be a bit low in volume Vs. other posts. I wondered if that happened in mastering. If he remixes the song as I suggested....(do you agree with my take on the mix or not Doc)?.... and emails it to me as an .mp3 I would be willing to do a professional mastering job on it (as pro as .mp3's get in their limited range) and email it back to him.. As the mix is at this point, it would be corrective mastering, which I like to avoid except in the case where there is no chance of a remix. Its really a strong song, with strong performances with great potential. I could bump it up to slamming and broadcast quality in a few minutes. Let me know Robert...

Regards

e

Old 02-26-2004, 12:38 PM

Editor,
From what I hear, YES! I agree with you. Like I said, I am in "Cube World HELL" at DIA and really cannot crank it up. Defense Contractor types seem to panic at sudden increases in volume levels I was thinking that he could maybe post the uncompressed NON-AFFECTED WAVE file for either you or I to mess with mastering. At least fix the vocals, I think that he may have slammed it on the C4 or whatever it was he was using and then slammed it on the L1. I really like the L2, and Calvins way to master. That is how I have adapted myself to and it seems to work. The levels were incredibly low, that is certain. Bump up the snare, and kick a tad. Pull out some of the VERB! Too much! and hopefully bounce unaffected on the Master fader and give us a link to see if other ears make it work.

I agree it has some possibilities, and yes it sounds like a phase issue is happening towards the end? Cannot tell until later...

-Doc

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 02-26-2004, 12:56 PM

Hey Doc

You never sent me an FTP account to do some demo mastering on my tune. Shoot me an email if you are still interested. I'm at work and just thought about it. If you no longer want to, that's fine, I just didn't want you to think I was against it.
Windows 10 Pro 1909
ASUS X-99 II
Intel i7
32GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
www.doylemusic.com
Old 02-26-2004, 01:31 PM

Hey Doc and Editor,

Thank you very much for your feedback!! This is great!! I gotta say though, you guys are losing me already!!
L1, C4?, i thought that's what them military-types use to blow stuff up...

The drums are pretty bad aren't they? It's all on one track in PT since I'm taking it straight outta the drum machine - I really need to get BFD so I can have separate tracks for each piece of the drum kit. However, I'll lower the reverb and EQ it to bring out the snare more.

I actually doubled up on the vocals for the chorus and used more reverb on the second track (would that explain the phase?) I'll reduce the reverb on the vocals and get rid of the 2nd track? I think I'll add a harmony to the chorus though to make it more interesting...

The levels!!! Tell me about it, I'm going to go back and increase the gain on each track individually to bring it into the yellow, before sending it through the master fader. I have a tendency to record the tracks that I know are quieter at lower levels - bad habit eh?

This is a big help you guys, thanks! I'll get a new un-mastered version up as soon as I can (I think i'm upgrading my PC tonight though, so it might be a few days)

-Rob
Old 02-26-2004, 03:03 PM

Doyle,
Still interested for sure.. Sorry bout that! Been swamped! I will e-mail you tonight and we can try it...

ROB!
Watch the military comment DIA = Defense Intelligence Agency. That is my work house... Not that I am military though.. Used to be! Just have to work tight with them still now.. hahahaha

NO worries just bustin' ya some..
-Doc

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 02-26-2004, 07:13 PM

Hey all,

Here's a link to three clips I did on my Digi 001 setup. All effects are from a Rocktron Intellifex used in an Aux track.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/mikemorellimusic.htm

They are basically a Strat though a Budda SD 30 1X12 combo.

Enjoy.

~Mike
Old 02-26-2004, 10:43 PM

Hey Doc, e,

Here it is: 24bit/96khz unmastered. I pulled out a lot of the reverb and EQ'd the electric gtr a little better, so hopefully the mix should be a little cleaner.
It's bloody huge though...128Megs

http://www.robpiero.lunarpages.com/T...gSongFinal.wav

thanks for your help again,
RM
Old 02-27-2004, 01:18 AM

RobertM,
This song is a producer's dream, because it's easy to hear the potential there. IntelDoc and editor touched on some things that could be improved production-wise(and I agree), but the song itself is really good (as is your voice). Good job so far...
Thanks for posting, and post more when you can.
~Roy
Old 02-27-2004, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Hey all,

Here's a link to three clips I did on my Digi 001 setup. All effects are from a Rocktron Intellifex used in an Aux track.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/mikemorellimusic.htm

They are basically a Strat though a Budda SD 30 1X12 combo.

Enjoy.

~Mike
I listened to your stuff and enjoyed, I like that guitar tone a lot. Although, your page now says that there is no web-site configured at this address, when I went back for another listening.

Regards

e