Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-02-2022, 05:44 PM

Default No Artist Mix on EuControl Surfaces Tab

Hi all,

I have two Artist Mix surfaces that previously worked fine. I recently bought a new Mac Studio Ultra and migrated from my prior MacBook Pro installation. I'm running the same cables I was using before to the same network switch I was using before as well as the same cable to connect the switch to the computer.

No matter what I do I cannot see either Artist Mix on the Surfaces tab of EuControl Settings:
- I'm running the latest version of MacOS - 12.6.
- I updated EuControl to the latest (Sept. 2022) version.
- I fully uninstalled and reinstalled EuControl 2022.9 several times.
- I ran the Discovery Bonjour app and saw nothing there for EuControl; I changed my computer name and then was able to see some EuControl information. With Logic Pro X running, it added a few more lines - screenshot attached.
- I haven't yet tried to run to a Thunderbolt dock on the way to the computer. Is this really necessary?

Sure would appreciate some help on getting these fine devices running.

Thanks so much!
Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Discovery App.jpg (95.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2022, 08:04 PM

Default Re: No Artist Mix on EuControl Surfaces Tab

Most likely it is the Security settings in Monterey blocking Eucontrol. Make sure both Eucontrol and MC Client have Accessibility privileges in the Security/Privacy tab in System Preferences.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Most likely it is the Security settings in Monterey blocking Eucontrol. Make sure both Eucontrol and MC Client have Accessibility privileges in the Security/Privacy tab in System Preferences.
Good call BScout. I struggled with the exact same thing first few hours of setting up my Artist mix with eucontrol. Never thought about it since.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:56 PM

Try this..

A workaround we think fixes the issue is to change your computer name and reboot. It can be just one character. This is done in System Preferences->Sharing.
Don’t use the Edit button, just change it right in the Computer Name field then tab out of it.

There was an issue with migration and Bonjour. I’m not sure if it was fixed with .9 release.

Another possibility is Eucon doesn’t like the 10Gb Ethernet connection on the Mac Studio. I vaguely remember that being an issue for some.

Here’s the thread.
https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419576&page=5
Old 10-03-2022, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Try this..

A workaround we think fixes the issue is to change your computer name and reboot. It can be just one character. This is done in System Preferences->Sharing.
Don’t use the Edit button, just change it right in the Computer Name field then tab out of it.

There was an issue with migration and Bonjour. I’m not sure if it was fixed with .9 release.

Another possibility is Eucon doesn’t like the 10Gb Ethernet connection on the Mac Studio. I vaguely remember that being an issue for some.

Here’s the thread.
https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419576&page=5
There is also voodoo.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Avid

These are issues with MacOS not PT or EUCON. The migration tool is buggy, the 10GB port doesn't like 100mb connections, there's a bug in the accessibility settings that shows EUCON apps(and others) allowed but they are not really.

Fixes are:
  • renaming the computer - Bonjour connection issues
  • remove the EUCON apps from the accessibility settings, reboot and add them back - keyboard short cut issues
  • Don't use the 10gb port - Connection issues, doesn't support 100mb anymore
Old 10-04-2022, 03:24 PM

Hey folks, thanks so much for everybody jumping in on this. I spent a lot of time reading posts on this topic before I posted, and I recognized a lot of your names. Thanks so much for being so helpful to the community!

Appreciation out of the way, I did try everything you all suggested before posting - all to no avail.

However, I was in the process of connecting an old TB3 dock I had laying around and discovered that my network switch was not working properly. I've now fixed that and now I can see the Artist Mixes on the Surfaces tab.

I may have other problems to come, but I am now past this wall at least.

Thanks so much for your help!
CajunKev
Old 10-18-2022, 07:59 PM

it's working fine on mine...monterey latest, eucon latest...I use direct connect, cheapo usb to 1g ethernet thingy, it's a bit ropey going through the switch (performance is much smoother direct connect)...