Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 10-27-2022, 06:36 AM

Default Re: More Carbon Sync Issues...Must Get Solved...

also interested in a Carbon Pre to compliment my Carbon interface and totally agree with what is stated above!
Old 10-27-2022, 09:26 AM
Avid

Hey all!

I made mention in the Pre thread, but it's relevant here too.

I wanted to reiterate that we are committed to fixing the ADC issues. We've fixed over 15 critical ADC bugs this year, and continue to knock them down. They are often deep and complex and take time to tease out.

As you come across issues that are new or unique, please open cases on them so we can track them and ensure they are prioritized.

m
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Old 11-22-2022, 02:53 AM

Just to chime in that I too have found this issue running PT 2022.9 on my Intel chip, Monterey MacBook Pro. I thought that after 40 years of playing guitar I had lost my chops! Then I was trialing a version of Cubase and decided to record some guitar to test its latency and hey presto, I was back in the groove without having to edit my takes or shunt them all forward.

What fooled me was the belief that my £3.5K investment in Carbon meant it does what it claims and records with near zero latency and then plays it all back in time as recorded. Thankfully I found this thread after my Cubase experiment and now it all makes sense.

I tried setting the audition path outputs to "none"as the workaround suggested earlier and I also did track freeze on all the VIs running and another guitar record pass worked out ok. However, this is far from the dream I was sold of tracking live instruments into PT with no hassle. Its a fudge at best at the moment and as a long time PT user I know the fix could be years away (think video engine troubles).

At least the Carbon mic press sound great. Switching to Cubase for composition work until this gets sorted.
Old 11-22-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrootyruss View Post
Just to chime in that I too have found this issue running PT 2022.9 on my Intel chip, Monterey MacBook Pro. I thought that after 40 years of playing guitar I had lost my chops! Then I was trialing a version of Cubase and decided to record some guitar to test its latency and hey presto, I was back in the groove without having to edit my takes or shunt them all forward.
There's a chance that 2022.10 will fix your problems. You can run it without uninstalling 2022.9 on a Mac. Might be worth a try.

Dominic
Old 12-09-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Hey all!

I made mention in the Pre thread, but it's relevant here too.

I wanted to reiterate that we are committed to fixing the ADC issues. We've fixed over 15 critical ADC bugs this year, and continue to knock them down. They are often deep and complex and take time to tease out.

As you come across issues that are new or unique, please open cases on them so we can track them and ensure they are prioritized.

m
This is a pic of a 1k sync pop at the top of a stem recording. It's a Complete mess. I'm using internal busses to feed Auxes, outputting the Auxes to 5.1 Audio tracks using ADC on a Carbon interface. This is hardly a unique issue or a complicated routing scenario. It's a very straight forward DAW signal path for capturing audio stems using internal bussing. In my experience, the internal busses are the problem.

PT 2022.10 did not fix the sync problem. I'm using Monterey 12.6, Macbook M1 Max. I've had this unit for months hoping that these sync issues would be fixed but instead I have to spend time chasing a solution while interfacing with "tech support". Carbon does not work properly and at this point, a refund is imminent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 2.44.57 PM.jpg (29.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-05-2023, 02:49 PM

Bumping this thread.

Has anyone who had these problems found that they are resolved in 2022.12 ?

Dominic
Old 03-11-2023, 09:14 PM

FWIW,
running HDX and multiple HD16s, but we are having the these same Hybrid / sync/ delay comp isues. and the new software has not solved it here.

best,
Sean

Sean McDonald
Red Medicine Recording LLC
Sofa King Music Services
http://www.seanmcdonald.com
Old 03-12-2023, 03:52 AM

I've lost faith with them resolving these issues, keeping HDX on the classic engine and sticking with ProTools 2021.10 on Catalina, this is the most stable setup for my configuration. Also let my Update plan run out, will reinstate when all these issues are addressed..
Old 03-12-2023, 12:50 PM

In the same boat, sadly. Still hope a genuine leader will step up at some point to lead us out of this mess.

In the meantime, keep struggling with workarounds. And keep watching your back at all times.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:55 PM

This is not a good thread to read. I just bought 2 carbon systems and will put them in service soon. Like a couple of days soon... Yikes.

Steve