How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 11-13-2020, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Sample Rounding Issue!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster0829 View Post
Did you ever get a response to your cases? I'm on pro tools 2018 and I swear this never happened before until recently and now it happens in every session...
Unfortunately, no. Think they're trying to burry these tickets in their salesforce stack.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:49 PM

I'm just adding to this thread because apparently the problem persists, and it sucks. Has anyone found a solution? How I wish I could simply duplicate accurately. Projects would go so much faster. If any solutions have come up since this thread was last used, please advise. Thanks. (If not, come on, Avid. This problem is shameful.)
Old 06-12-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisko View Post
How I wish I could simply duplicate accurately. Projects would go so much faster.
I hear ya screamin'...

Still not fixed with the release of 2022.5.
Also affected is the ability to cut or insert MIDI sections quickly & conveniently.
If I add or omit even just 2 bars to my current project I have to realign at least 50% of the notes on every track.

How I wish I could simply carry out a simple task as well...

I remember how happy I was when I first purchased Pro Tools back when PT11 had just come out.
I mainly play guitar but enjoy creating drum tracks to jam to and have established a workflow in PT I'm happy with.
I know my options and like having multiple ways to achieve ends.

The main thing I do now is establish my arrangements & tempos the best I can on the guitar first.

If I do decide to cut/insert or shuffle an arrangement I'll need to covert the sections/tracks to audio first and then create an arrangement track to shuffle the clips on.
The only thing I don't like about converting MIDI to audio before having an established arrangement is if I want to fine tune the tempos etc.
And if I do shuffle the arrangement on another track, it doesn't match the tempo/section markers I've established (or can you shuffle tempo markers too?).
I'd like to reserve the shuffling of audio clips for alternate versions AFTER the creative process of developing the tracks.

In the case of wanting to insert a new section, I'll have to create the section in available space further down the timeline (after the current arrangement), and then convert it to audio.
Then insert it in shuffle mode with the audio clips on my arrangement track.

As the previous poster mentioned, I'd like simply duplicate, cut or insert MIDI parts.
But then I have to say to myself "Pro Tools can't do that".

Hard to forget the fact that my luxury DAW is broken...
I imagine it's the same as saying: Enjoy the Lamborghini you purchased but the new model updates make it so this particular vehicle can't turn Left...

Before this problem came about since PT12 I could confidently say: "Whatever it is I can conceive musically, I can conveniently achieve with Pro Tools."

PT now = Painstaking Tasks

Nevertheless, I'd rather go in and correct everything than go to another DAW. I'm that determined.
Truth is I've now given up MIDI composition and have plenty of guitar work to focus on.
So I can use this unfixed bug as a prodding to capture more "live" performances.
After all, I wanna be more like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers than Mike & The MIDI Tracks.

Thanks for all the other amazing things pro Tools can do though.
But it's still only fair to those who continually pay money to stay current.
The decision has been made: I'm sticking with Pro Tools.

So just as some of us have had to re-arrange thousands of notes in our arrangements, perhaps it's time AVID re-arrange your code?
I've completely accepted that, in the same way I don't want to re-do my MIDI tracks, AVID doesn't want to re-build the MIDI engine.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory
Old 06-30-2022, 09:29 PM

Thank you kindly to the AVID team for the number of MIDI fixes listed in PT 2022.6 release notes!
I've yet to download and try to cut/insert MIDI sections but the number of MIDI fixes certainly shows a lot has been given attention!

This really makes my day and has renewed my positivity as a PT user!

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Old 07-01-2022, 01:00 AM

This is a good day! Finally they got to fixing this, after all these years.

AVID support contacted me today to inform me that the fix was implemented. They have a few related open issues still, that will be implemented in a future update.

Also, they stated that most fixes will only work in newly created sessions. Opening older sessions may still display these problems.

But very happy that they finally are spending attention to these (for me) critical bugs! It might reinject song composing fun into Pro Tools!
Old 07-03-2022, 03:59 AM

Thank you for the heads up about the release.

I've taken note that previous sessions may still be affected.
This is indeed important to know.

I just figured out a workaround for "refreshing" MIDI files created in previous sessions so that they import correctly and makes it possible to benefit from the new fixes.

I've created a thread where we can keep up to date with everyone findings and experiences with the new release.

Kind regards,
Mike

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420775