Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2011, 12:11 PM

Default Cannot download a licence to Ilok

HELP! I bought an Upgrade PT9 to PT10,and when trying to download licence to Ilok, I get a sentence "Cannot download licence:Pro Tools 10+9 bundle requires surrender of licence on attached iloks "which were not found".

And licence is there ,on the ilok...Pro tools HD9 bundle with PT9,PTHD9 and PTHD8 inside.

Don't know what to do...

Please help!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Cannot download a licence to Ilok

Yep im having the same problem. the ilok is no longer found and it tells me to update to the latest software which i already have! HELP!
Old 10-23-2011, 04:37 PM

This is because the main licence is PT 9 HD (not the non-HD one). I'm pretty sure you'll have to buy the HD upgrade. I'm in the same situation as you..

PT Ultimate 2022.10 on macOS 12.6.1
Old 10-23-2011, 05:16 PM

I ran into a glitch - only because iLok's website doesn't seem to function in Firefox.

Once I logged in using Internet Explorer, I had no trouble downloading the new 9+10 bundle license in my iLok account to my iLok.

So far - the crossgrade seems to work pefectly - except for my having to reinstall Structure LE over the Structure Free PT 10 (and 9) comes with.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbourque View Post
This is because the main licence is PT 9 HD (not the non-HD one). I'm pretty sure you'll have to buy the HD upgrade. I'm in the same situation as you..
Thank you . I could not imagine that iz would be more than 219 € .Obviously, it is more than 700€. They are greedy over the limits...
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 AM

Folks,
I ran into this too but managed to fix the issue without serious trouble or money. The problem I see with ilok is: I don't purchase software all that often and the folks at ilok love to update their drivers and software on a regular basis. So if your not on internet updating ilok software on regular basis (like me) you will soon be out of date in ILOK. When you first login to that site successfully, the web is trying to find you ilok and because your software and drivers might be out of date, that doesn't happen. After about 2 minutes of the software attempting to find (and being unsuccessful) my ilok, there was a new window showing that want to make sure I was running all that direct-x nonsense and ALSO directed me to a place where I could get new client software & drivers. I proceeded to do both. Downloading BOTH the "client software" & "Drivers" and installing them is what fixed me up. There are a few reboots inbetween. It sounds to me like this is at least the issue for some of you.

Or you guys might be able to cut to the chase by going to:
http://www.ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html

best of luck to all. joe
Old 10-24-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.LoDuca View Post
Folks,
I ran into this too but managed to fix the issue without serious trouble or money. The problem I see with ilok is: I don't purchase software all that often and the folks at ilok love to update their drivers and software on a regular basis. So if your not on internet updating ilok software on regular basis (like me) you will soon be out of date in ILOK. When you first login to that site successfully, the web is trying to find you ilok and because your software and drivers might be out of date, that doesn't happen. After about 2 minutes of the software attempting to find (and being unsuccessful) my ilok, there was a new window showing that want to make sure I was running all that direct-x nonsense and ALSO directed me to a place where I could get new client software & drivers. I proceeded to do both. Downloading BOTH the "client software" & "Drivers" and installing them is what fixed me up. There are a few reboots inbetween. It sounds to me like this is at least the issue for some of you.

Or you guys might be able to cut to the chase by going to:
http://www.ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html

best of luck to all. joe

Good advice, done all that...
Old 10-25-2011, 10:42 AM

I sent an official support request 2 days ago, but nothing yet... Slow they are.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 AM

You folks are all talking at crossed purposes, the real answer was already given--in the second reply.

You are trying to upgrade Pro Tools HD by purchasing a non-HD Pro Tools upgrade. You cannot do that and the error message is saying the correct thing--that the right asset is not on the iLok. It does not matter that Pro Tools HD9 has a bundled Pro Tools License, you really own/have a license for HD and Avid wants their $999 not $299 upgrade price. You are wasting your time doing anything except trying to get a refund or upgrade by paying the price difference.

Darryl
Old 10-25-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You folks are all talking at crossed purposes, the real answer was already given--in the second reply.

You are trying to upgrade Pro Tools HD by purchasing a non-HD Pro Tools upgrade. You cannot do that and the error message is saying the correct thing--that the right asset is not on the iLok. It does not matter that Pro Tools HD9 has a bundled Pro Tools License, you really own/have a license for HD and Avid wants their $999 not $299 upgrade price. You are wasting your time doing anything except trying to get a refund or upgrade by paying the price difference.

Darryl
How can I refund?