Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 11:06 PM

Default Dual OSX partitions

I am running 2 OSX partitions on my G5, one with HD, one with LE so that i can try and run the HD at the studio and LE offsite, as per advice from Digitech. All works well except that when i want to run it as LE it keeps asking for the HD hardware and wont fully boot up PT (and find the 002 as the controller) until the 192 is on. Of course the way i'm trying to run it is so that the 192 stays racked up in the studio and the G5 effectively runs as a standalone 002 LE system offsite. Is there a way to get the OSX LE partition to ignore the HD cards and so boot up using the 002 controller as the hardware?

Any help appreciated
Cheers
Trevor
Old 07-29-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Dual OSX partitions

expansion chassis?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-30-2006, 01:31 AM

yeah it may well be the only other solution, its just a very expaensive solution so unless there's a Mac God out there who can figure out how to fool the computer into letting me get away with it, i reckon i'm better off just taking my 192 in a rack with me.
I was just hoping someone would know a clever trick to fool the computer into ignoring the cards in that partition only.

Thanks for the reply
cheers
trev
Old 07-30-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I am running 2 OSX partitions on my G5, one with HD, one with LE so that i can try and run the HD at the studio and LE offsite, as per advice from Digitech. All works well except that when i want to run it as LE it keeps asking for the HD hardware and wont fully boot up PT (and find the 002 as the controller) until the 192 is on. Of course the way i'm trying to run it is so that the 192 stays racked up in the studio and the G5 effectively runs as a standalone 002 LE system offsite. Is there a way to get the OSX LE partition to ignore the HD cards and so boot up using the 002 controller as the hardware?
I assumed that LE software wouldn't be looking for anything but non TDM hardware - if not, then I would like to know the answer to this as well, as I was hoping to be able to run an 002 (using a different boot drive) alongside my Mix rig (which PT7 won't work on). Expansion chassis is not an option, I've done that and had nothing but trouble before.