Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2001, 04:11 AM

Default AVOIDING POPS?

Is rhere a way to avoid pops when you do a punch in? When in destructive recording I can only mute the region where the pop occurs, and in non destructive I shift the regions boundaries til I find an acceptable situation. Both methods I don't like and find very annoying. Is ther an automatic fade in-fade out function or what?

------------------
Old 01-03-2001, 06:34 AM

Default Re: AVOIDING POPS?

just a tip: when i punch in i usually do it 1 bar before the artist acually messed up. then i'll lower the volume at the begining of the punch just to make sure there is no pop. then i use automation to smooth it out.. recently i have gotten very good with punch ins and i havent had to do this. i guess its just a lil practice.. its always good if you dont tell the artist where your gonna punch just let them flow and you be the engineer... hope this helps
Old 01-03-2001, 10:56 AM

Default Re: AVOIDING POPS?

I've often heard pops during the punch-in (mostly in destructive mode), but most of the time, they disappear on playback. If they don't, I just use a simple fade-in or crossfade. I believe only the TDM ProTools has "automatic" crossfades. PTLE has to be done manually. It's pretty quick and simple to do, however (especially compared to some of the competition).

------------------
LW

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.