Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Anyone usin a FW1082 with PT or a FW1884

my little mackie appears to be dying, I use Live reason and Digital perfermer as well as PTLE so lets not mention 002 2 me! and wot no jog wheel!

specifically I wanna know if it will work as a stand alone mixer while flipping tween HUI emulation ( an yamaha 02R works like this)

Any body else using this rig with PT ( my fave SFX editor and syncin with picture )

any thoughts appreciated

mart
Old 07-19-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Anyone usin a FW1082 with PT or a FW1884

managed to get a demo today with my powerbook mbox and the 1884 must admit it seemed to work like a charm...

it operated in HUI emulation and simulataneously as an analog mixer-and as well as serving core audio output ( mac os).

the faders have similiar feel to the 002 which I tried later- and where responsive to touch - not like the behringer BCF2000 - ( totally different price bracket there tho )

having a jog wheel was really nice!!! as well as the cursor keys.... there where a few shortcut keys- nudge, in out save copy paste blah- all seemed well!

U were also able to flip into MIDI controller banks at the same time - which I guess means you can map it to reason or what ever and have 4 banks ( I think ) of flying faders for your soft synths!!! this didn't cause interference either- playback was still controlled by transport- and you could flip between all 3 modes at will ( ie HUI bank, MIDI fader banks and the basic analog mixer

tried it with Live as well and it had a very low latency- and u can do no latency monitoring with it too!!! of course that aint with protools.... But for me if I'm tracking I'm probably not in PT- cos I mainly use that for SFX edit and other to picture stuff.. Recording VO - seem to (just) get away with 256 samples latency

On the way back I popped into see a friend in a shop and they were trying out a new shipment of 002's - first time I'd seen it in the flesh and they were sorta nice to look at.. no jog/scroll wheel tho - LED's were nice- in stand alone mode it had eq and dynamics- unfortuantely they were having some issues with chinese language input clash so didn't get far into the demo...

Any one got tuppence to chuck in?