Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Default problem bouncing to disk in AIFF format

Hi everyone!

newbie here!, here's the problem. I'm bouncing to disk a song I finished to AIFF format,(in pro-tools LE 7.0) after I have burned it to a cd-r this file won't be played on my stereo? and when I put it in a pc (have both Mac and PC) it doesn't show the file as a AUDIO file, and it will only be able to play as a windows audio file through windows media player. one strange little detail I notice is that when you have a AIFF file it should look like (in detail,symbol) a little white square with a cd pic on the background and a green sixteen note on front(Mac users will know what I mean,hopefully...) but instead,when I bounce to disk in AIFF format, the symbol is the wavecache symbol, you know the audio files in pro-tools symbol, the white square,black background and 3 audio signals on it. I have no problem bouncing as a wave file,but I want to bounce the songs into AIFF 'cause I want to have a audio cd that will play in a stereo,cd player etc. what's going on? or what am I doing wrong?? please anyone help
Old 06-24-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Re: problem bouncing to disk in AIFF format

Just because a file is AIFF doesn't mean it will play on an audio CD player. AIFF can be 24bit.

An audio CD has to be 16bit/44.1khz. Check your bounce settings.

You then have to burn it as an audio CD not a data CD.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: problem bouncing to disk in AIFF format

Just bounce it as a 16bit stereo interleaved wav file...that always works for me....

Mac OS 10.9
PT 11.1.1
Eleven Rack