Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM

Default Eleven Rack S/PDIF to Tascam US-1641

I usually don't post these kinds of things because I consider myself reasonably self-sufficient but after 5 hours of scouring the internet and dozens of failed setups later I'm about to lose my mind. Here is my setup:
  • Pro Tools 10 (came with 11r)
  • Tascam US-1641 (latest drivers/firmware) running through ASIO4ALL
  • Avid Eleven Rack (latest drivers/firmware) connnected to the US-1641 using Coaxial S/PDIF cables (connected out/in and in/out)
  • I've set the clock of the Eleven Rack to External and the clock of the US-1641 to Internal
  • I've defaulted my I/Os and am getting sound to my monitors in Pro Tools but only from pre-recorded tracks/no monitoring from the 11R.
  • I've of course armed the tracks and transport for record
  • I've fooled around with dozens of different settings inside of the user settings
Nothing works

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is that my US-1641 is my default Audio Interface. I want the 11R to be an external device.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything! Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack S/PDIF to Tascam US-1641

My solution is to ditch the ASIO4all and use the ASIO driver that comes with the TASCAM. ASIO4all is for cheap Audio interfaces (sound cards) that don't have ASIO drivers. ASI4all is good when you don't have an ASIO drivers already? I did a quick google and it seems that there's you should have ASIO drivers for the TASCAM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
My solution is to ditch the ASIO4all and use the ASIO driver that comes with the TASCAM. ASIO4all is for cheap Audio interfaces (sound cards) that don't have ASIO drivers. ASI4all is good when you don't have an ASIO drivers already? I did a quick google and it seems that there's you should have ASIO drivers for the TASCAM.
I came upon ASIO4ALL when I started this process. When I try to run PT with the default Tascam US-1641 driver I get an error saying that the buffer size is not supported. The problem is that the drivers for the US-1641 don't let me change the buffer size.

Edit: I just discovered that setting the performance to "Highest Latency" actually let me run from the driver alone. Making progress!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...dio-interface/

My US-1641 is now using the native drivers to connect to Pro Tools 10. I followed this guide but I still cant get any success. Any suggestions?