Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-21-2005, 09:32 PM

Default NAMM news !! Please!

Please post some NAMM news for a poor worker that could not get out to see it in person !!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: NAMM news !! Please!

New amp farm setting, very cool, tons of new cabnets and mic setting etc... Icon, cool, basic all new 6.7 stuff is slaming, but I've been using it for about a month, 6.7 cs7 has most fixes, Os 10.3.7 is stable, firwire 800 is soon to be approved. Ik has a very cool string program with gig's of great strings lib., sample tank 2.1 is better and more campatible, their synth 2 is unbeliable, Korg has a new work station that is pricy but very powerfull, Roland has new synths v series very cool. reason 3.0 is great, Ni's guitar amp is very cool and sounded the best for amp emulation with new settings. Battery 2 rocks, fixed all problems with PT, Argesy has a new workstation that is very cool looking ans smart, ideal for a one person station. More tomorrow!

[email protected]
Intel duel Quad core
PT 8.0cs3
HD4
D Command / D control
Old 01-21-2005, 10:45 PM

Thanks Kurt !
Old 01-22-2005, 09:14 PM

More stuff, if you havn't tried ivory from ILIo your missing the best Piano i have ever heard, bar none!! WOW, Sonik Synth2 from Ik is very powerfull but the toy I loved the most was the Miroslav Philharmonik from IK The bests Stings from one of the best libs. out there a must for G-5 users . Like the Ivery piano i bought at NAMM very cool.Reason 3.0 is a better upgrade than I thought , better file management, nice mastering feactures and a line mixer, great for live. Amp Farm 3.0 comes out Feb -March and vast improvment form the outdate one before. Ik also had a Ampeg Bass amp model that was raising eye brows, even side by side the original it sound very close, It's about time someone made a Bass model for us junkees. Tons of new 8 channel Pre-amp configure with 192 sample rates, m-audio, TC Electronis, Mackie, everybody came on board with 8 channel pre's, all have pipelight, AES etc... now we can pick on price and quality. YEA! Waves had a new Eq analizer plug in, Here's how it works, as I see it. You plug in the real Eq ie Neve, API, Pultec, etc... it send white noise through and does its thing, then you save it as a pre-set and use it as many times as you need, very low DSP, very usefull.$ 1000.00 pricy but it does emulate the real thing very well. i head it on a Neve 1083 and it was scary but so is URS Eq bundle . This sound exactly like the real deal. Tl Space is the best new verb out. all thought Digis new verb was great too. apple and other apples! Serato Eq was new and sounded rich & full, their scratch was cool too if you scratch much!Ni Guitar Rig blew a fellow gtr friend of mine away. very cool and maybee the best out there. al thought some more mic choises would have been better., great peddle too! Amplitude 2 was cool too, once again apples and other apples,, Sample tank 2.1 adds some great new upgrade and it's free, yes free avalible this week, I;m told. DP4.5 was inpresive as was Logic 7, if your into those other toys too. That's it my mind hurts.!! nad the cround were unbeilvable, Largest ever! the new loop Digi's Synchronic was very impressive, Sorry i almost forgot DIGis Smack, this is the best Compresser out!!great on vocals, I've jsut put it on a mix and A/B it with the real fairchild/LA2 combi I love!! WOW. The Icon with D-control is now the new thing, very usefull, I need it bad!! What's else is new!!

[email protected]
Intel duel Quad core
PT 8.0cs3
HD4
D Command / D control
Old 01-22-2005, 11:43 PM

Great report !!!!!!!
Thaks a lot, it made feel like I was there !
Old 01-23-2005, 01:24 PM

New sampled acoustic upright bass from Bardstown Audio.

Kip McGinnis
Bardstown Audio
www.bardstownaudio.com
Old 01-23-2005, 02:08 PM

I don't know how you can judge sounds at NAMM

I was there Saturday, and the noise level must have been about 180db!

Lot's of hotties though...
Old 01-23-2005, 09:36 PM

Wow!

160dB causes instant perforation of ear drum and, if my memory serves my well, makes cotton burst into flames. Must have been one hot event.