Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2022, 03:55 PM

Default Melodyne Pitch Correction and PT Ultimate 2022.5

I have downloaded Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.5 on a trial basis. It is my understanding that it comes with Melodyne pitch correction software. Mmm, I am wondering why it is not included in the bundle that they left me to be downloaded.

I remember when I first got PTLE 6 way back when, that also came with a bundle of software too, such as Ableton Live, only they were skeletons and with a code for the option to buy. I was not interested in any of that then.

Anyway Melodyne would be the only software that I would be interested in aside from the basic effects that 2202.5 downloaded with, and which I recognized as those that came with 8.05, the version that I currently run. The 8:05 version did have some virtual instruments as well which I have never really used. The thing is Sibelius is my DAW. I only use Po Tools for singing and incorporating the tracks that I have created in Sibelius. Also, I usually have my music mixed an mastered by a professional.

Anyway, it leaves me wondering what exactly I would be paying for since 90% of the software that PT 2202.5 comes with I am not interested in using. It is a fact that they gave me the PT Ultimate because it cost more, and is the only one I can buy with a perpetual license. UGH! The truth is that companies who offer this kind of trading have carefully designed these packages so that no matter which way you slice it they get the cashing end of the stick.

Fo instance, with regards to the ability to secure a perpetual license with PT Ultimate 2202.5, you have to pay a hefty sum up front and settle for a lot of plugins like virtual instruments that you have no use for. On the other hand, if you spring for the one that better suit your needs for example the PT Artist version, it becomes a subscription and you end up paying more for it because you will end paying forever. Indeed, neither of these choices benefits the consumer as much as it benefits the sellers. It benefits them in helping to sustain their life style of sailing around in their billion dollar yachts.

So with regards to this chicanery masquerading as legitimate trade, I will say this, " I am sorry but I want "my" yacht too." LOL!

In any event I would still like to know if the PT Ultimate 2022.5 come with a full version of the Melodyne Pitch Correction software or a discount code.

Thanks for your reply
Old 07-09-2022, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Melodyne Pitch Correction and PT Ultimate 2022.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquay View Post
I have downloaded Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.5 on a trial basis. It is my understanding that it comes with Melodyne pitch correction software. Mmm, I am wondering why it is not included in the bundle that they left me to be downloaded.

I remember when I first got PTLE 6 way back when, that also came with a bundle of software too, such as Ableton Live, only they were skeletons and with a code for the option to buy. I was not interested in any of that then.

Anyway Melodyne would be the only software that I would be interested in aside from the basic effects that 2202.5 downloaded with, and which I recognized as those that came with 8.05, the version that I currently run. The 8:05 version did have some virtual instruments as well which I have never really used. The thing is Sibelius is my DAW. I only use Po Tools for singing and incorporating the tracks that I have created in Sibelius. Also, I usually have my music mixed an mastered by a professional.

Anyway, it leaves me wondering what exactly I would be paying for since 90% of the software that PT 2202.5 comes with I am not interested in using. It is a fact that they gave me the PT Ultimate because it cost more, and is the only one I can buy with a perpetual license. UGH! The truth is that companies who offer this kind of trading have carefully designed these packages so that no matter which way you slice it they get the cashing end of the stick.

Fo instance, with regards to the ability to secure a perpetual license with PT Ultimate 2202.5, you have to pay a hefty sum up front and settle for a lot of plugins like virtual instruments that you have no use for. On the other hand, if you spring for the one that better suit your needs for example the PT Artist version, it becomes a subscription and you end up paying more for it because you will end paying forever. Indeed, neither of these choices benefits the consumer as much as it benefits the sellers. It benefits them in helping to sustain their life style of sailing around in their billion dollar yachts.

So with regards to this chicanery masquerading as legitimate trade, I will say this, " I am sorry but I want "my" yacht too." LOL!

In any event I would still like to know if the PT Ultimate 2022.5 come with a full version of the Melodyne Pitch Correction software or a discount code.

Thanks for your reply
No. I had so many problems with the "come with Melodyne" that I used the opportunity to upgrade to assistant as the "come with version" barely worked. I ended up using Waves version
Almost every plugin