Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2000, 07:51 PM

Default Power outage protection!

Hey Folks!

Thought I'd bring up the subject of power outages and protection of files and hard drives. Haven't seen anybody mention it.

I personally feel uneasy when my whole systems all lit up and working on a great song and then suddenly >Blank< the power goes off out of the blue and then returns back on again. Well, the song is history, of course, if it's not saved, and the harddrive is getting a little more ruffed up than it should. This could cause problems if it's happening repeatedly.

As a solution for this, I'm going to get an APC Back-UPS Pro 500. This power outlet has premium surge-protection 3 outlets, and most of all it has an additional 4 battery back up outlets. If the power goes off the back up battery oulet x4 is ready to keep the system going for about 10 minutes, which is plenty of time to power down properly. No damage or loss of files, and no worries during storms or construction work.

Anybody like this idea as I do, then check it out at BestBuy.com for $179.00.

See ya

------------------
-AT
Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth.~ Ludwig Van Beethoven

[This message has been edited by AnalogTree (edited October 23, 2000).]