Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

Re: I don't see on the digidesign site where it says 6.9.2 isn't supported.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=23639

claxpro
Old 09-24-2006, 02:02 PM

You're on the right page - now read the line which starts with '10.4 Tiger for Intel' (it's the first one listed there)

Old 09-25-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
-9131 errors can come up on large drives - partitioning the drive will usually fix the problem.

There are also several other suggestions for -9131 in the Answerbase.
Answerbase is uselles. I got my HD partitioned in four:
1 Application: For programs 50Gb
2 Samples: For midi samples like BFD 50Gb
3 Windows: For Windows, empty 10Gb
4 Workfiles: For files, almost empty
I hava installed ProTools LE 7 on the Application drive and all the data must go to Workfiles, a 130Gb HD. Well, I got the 9131 error the first time I tried to record soemthing. By the way, Im a newbie to protools, is the first time I work with an interface and a pro audio editor.
My setting?

iMac 20" Intel Core Duo 1 2Ghz
250Gb partitioned in 4 HD
512 RAM
MBox002 Factory Bundle

Last software update (including OS and Firmware updates) Last saturday.
Any suggestion? Plz dont send me to the answerbase.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:47 PM

Partitioning your internal drive is not the answer as all your files are still on the one physical drive. You need an external firewire drive to put your PT sessions onto.

cheers,

claxpro
Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 AM

At least some comment that make sense. Thanks man. Now I must get an external HD... $$$
Old 09-27-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Frustrated new user of Mbox & PTools 6.7

Hi, and thanks for any assistance any one can offer.

After a couple of frustrating weeks I'm finally 'cracking it' with this system. My primary frustration is with regular errors during record & playback to do with H/W buffer size, etc.

I've optimised the system (XP Home SP2) that is running on a Toshiba Satellite A30 (Intel 4/3.2 GHz), I've also upgraded the RAM from 512 to 1GB, and purchased an external drive for recording to. I've switched off the infrared port, and disabled a lot of other features (virus software, etc.) to maximise system resources.

Part of the problem I think were a series of transient blips of CPU usage by the Toshiba Power Management system, but even eliminating doesn't stop the system stopping very frequently. Of course the problem is exacerbated when using inserts, and even a single plug-in makes the system trip.

Another problem / limitation is that system has only two (not 3 as listed) USB ports.

Any suggestions? Ditch the Toshiba? How much power does the Mbox draw, and could that be making the system freak out?

too many possibilities!

thanks

treeroo
Old 09-28-2006, 06:28 AM

Default Unable to use external HD

Hi

I'm running PTLE 7.1.1cs1 on a MacBook and Digi002R. I use a Western Digital MyBook external HD which is formatted to fat32. PT won't recognize my external HD as recordable. I have tryed trashing prefs and database files, updating PACE-drivers and repairing disc permissions all along.

I thought the reason might be that my external HD is formatted to fat32, but is there really no way I can use it like that? I would like to keep it formatted like that since I need to transfer files to/from a winPC once in a while.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Unable to use external HD

Quote:
Hi

I'm running PTLE 7.1.1cs1 on a MacBook and Digi002R. I use a Western Digital MyBook external HD which is formatted to fat32. PT won't recognize my external HD as recordable. I have tryed trashing prefs and database files, updating PACE-drivers and repairing disc permissions all along.

I thought the reason might be that my external HD is formatted to fat32, but is there really no way I can use it like that? I would like to keep it formatted like that since I need to transfer files to/from a winPC once in a while.
Funny thing, I tried to format my already aprttioned drive into HSF format but I couldn't. Does somebody know if it's possible to format a aprtitioned drive in DOS format?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hi

No, it won't work in that format. You must format it as Mac OS Extended (HFS+). You can use a FAT32 drive as a transfer drive, but not for playback or recording.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:12 AM

Bugger

Well, I guess I'll have to get another HD then. Unless.... will I in any way be able to transfer files to/from windows with a drive formatted to Mac OS Extended (HFS+)
Closed Thread