Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-21-2004, 10:11 PM

Default Drum synth plug in?

I want to utilize a Drum synthesizer(8-16 channels) that I could run inside of PT or even a program I could Rewire into PT. I know that there are many programs like this for the PC but I am not familiar with any good ones built for Mac OSX. Do any of you know of any off hand. Freeware or demoware so I could try it first?
Old 07-22-2004, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Drum synth plug in?

You could take a look at REASON 2.5 ,, the RE-DRUM is a sample based drum machine,, or,, if your looking to program your drum sounds using synthesis ,, then MAELSTROM can be quite cool,, you can set up a whole bunch of them and control them from RE-DRUM or the MATREX,, it can be quite addictive,, i have to be careful doing this as i start out wanting only a simple beat made from unconventional sounds and all of a sudden,, well,, several hours later really,, i've got a completely over the top crazy beat that i have to start paring back,,,still,, lot's of fun,,
Also,, ABSYNTH is cool for making drum sounds,, and, though i haven't try'd,, FM7,, my buddie is a big D&B nut and swears by FM7 for big deep drums,, the only problem you will have with the NATIVE-INSTRUMENT stuff is that RTAS is only a stereo or dual mono input,,
But thats okay,, if your computer is fast enough you can run three or four instances and then bounce to disk,,
REASON is re-wire,,,
Old 07-22-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Drum synth plug in?

try Fxpansion's BFD. sounds great, looks great.