Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-15-2018, 06:15 PM

Default Problem connecting Artist Mix to Ethernet Port on Apple Thunderbolt Display

Anyone care to walk me through connecting Artist Mix to ethernet port on my Apple Thunderbolt Display ethernet port. Never use the port - my Macbook Pro is on Wi-fi and connected to the display via thunderbolt. The thunderbolt and usb ports are all working fine but never used the ethernet port before.

Just got an Artist Mix and have downloaded Eucontrol 18.3 and running PT Control App on ipad with Logic Pro X Daw. Was hoping to see Artist Mix appear as a surface in Eucontrol alongside PT Control when I connected the ethernet cable from the display to the mix and power on and then download the firmware to the mix. But it does not appear - I only see PT control surface.

Attached a screenshot of what I see in network preferences.

I could buy a USB to ethernet adaptor to bypass the ethernet port issue but I am currently using all USB ports already and I do not use the ethernet port on my display for anything so a tidy solution if I can get it to work.

I wonder if the ethernet display port is working/needs to be reset.

Or some step with the mix setup I am missing.

Like to see this puppy work for the first time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ethernet connection.jpg (40.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-15-2018, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Problem connecting Artist Mix to Ethernet Port on Apple Thunderbolt Display

Solved it - just needed to go add "display ethernet" as new service in network preferences.

Eucontrol immediately saw the mix and I was able to upload latest firmware and putting it through its paces with Logic.