Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 01-11-2023, 08:42 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio - is this output channel cooked?

So you can get an MTRX base but not the Dante expansion cards?
The dealer I purchased from called me this AM and told me there was a mistake with inventory and they couldn’t fulfill my order. Said it would be several more months at least. I usually buy from sweetwater and I put in a request for a unit 13 months ago. Fine I can’t get one. But what happens to people that need the unit repaired. Brutal.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS View Post
So you can get an MTRX base but not the Dante expansion cards?
The dealer I purchased from called me this AM and told me there was a mistake with inventory and they couldn’t fulfill my order. Said it would be several more months at least. I usually buy from sweetwater and I put in a request for a unit 13 months ago. Fine I can’t get one. But what happens to people that need the unit repaired. Brutal.
Everything is repairable except Dante. No supply of those chips is just that: no supply.
(I haven't heard of the Dante chips failing before so that probably isn't an issue/concern IRL.)

The replacement Dante chips (Brooklyn 3) are supposed to start shipping to manufacturers. DAD has already put out the firmware to support that chip (it is a direct replacement.) I have no idea if DAD got supply of the chips so they can start manufacturing again. I do know RME is still held up (I know the people there) with no supply on chips and they expect earliest Q3 2023 to start shipping again (maybe Q4.)
Antelope had the largest stock of Dante chips going into the supply crisis -- they were the only ones still shipping Dante interfaces long after others could. I don't know how they are doing now
(I do not like Antelope the company but was given loaners from them by dealers as the only one available during the supply shortage.)
Old 12-27-2023, 12:13 PM

Same issue here. Serial number 100492. Bought this unit in July used on Reverb, but waited to bring it online since I wanted to use the TB3 card from the start (long time UA Apollo user). Well the TB3 card just showed up last week and spent today bringing the MTRX Studio online....fresh drivers/DADMan etc and got everything working except the left monitor channel has this heinous intermittent crackling/static noise. Tried all remedies I could think of to no avail, so then submitted a ticket. Will follow protocol, but good to know about the opamp issue if all else fails.