Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 AM

Default Remember Brad Lyons?

"Remember Brad Lyons? We'll heeee's baaaaack!

I've known and bought gear through Brad for nearly ten years now, and know that many of you have too. His expertise and advise have meant a lot to many of us, and I've just learned that he has "landed" back on both feet in Atlanta, GA and is now with GC Pro. That's Guitar Center Pro. He won't be in a store or walking a showroom floor, but will be fully mobile and selling the best audio gear, the "high-end" stuff, and doing what he does best, providing personal audio sales service.

So here's wishing Brad the best and hoping that he'll be back on the DUC soon!

kopper
Old 10-08-2010, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Remember Brad Lyons?

My GC Pro guy gives me insanely great prices that are way better than anything I can find anywhere else. Sweetwater never even came remotely close. 'Ol Brad had better get used to a whole new way of doing business. It's not "expertise" that I'm looking for.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
My GC Pro guy gives me the insanely great prices that are way better than anything I can find anywhere else. Sweetwater never even came remotely close. 'Ol Brad had better get used to a whole new way of doing business. It's not "expertise" that I'm looking for.
What he said!!!!!!!!!! +1000

GCP is a different game. Thankfully. They know they will make their money off of the lawyers and doctors that dabble, not pros.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:50 AM

AFAIK Brad has never left the DUC! I was sure that as he instantly became an Rockstar of Pro Tools it was only a matter of seconds before someone hired him again (Y)
Old 10-08-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopper View Post
I've just learned that he has "landed" back on both feet
Sign of a survivor. Always nice to hear things end well:)
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 AM

It's good to hear it! Wishes the best for him!

Let me not comment on the other company though, who f.....
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Make their money off Doctors and lawyers? LOL. I know a couple of these so called dabblers who GCPro sold Icons and Hd rigs to for around cost. All GC is doing is cheapening Avids name. I had 3 gigs last year to clean up after a GC installation. 2 In Atlanta and one in Florida. I hopfully Brad is better than what they were running with. Avid needs to drop GC for everything accept LE and box sales.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS View Post
Make their money off Doctors and lawyers? LOL. I know a couple of these so called dabblers who GCPro sold Icons and Hd rigs to for around cost. All GC is doing is cheapening Avids name. I had 3 gigs last year to clean up after a GC installation. 2 In Atlanta and one in Florida. I hopfully Brad is better than what they were running with. Avid needs to drop GC for everything accept LE and box sales.
Let me get this straight. You're saying that Avid should stop GC from making them (Avid) money by selling SPO items? On top of that you're complaining that you had to play "clean up" after a GC install? You must have done that for free then, right?
Eleven Rack, Axiom 61
Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS View Post
Brilliant idea. Let's make sure that we all have to pay more for our stuff because we have some bizarre feelings about GC. Truly brilliant.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:31 AM

This news is only slightly bigger news than the fact that John Lennon would have been 70 today... but I guess in this US economy the fact that *anyone* is able to have a job is good news... good luck to Brad and a very special good luck to any of his new customers -you're gonna need it (sorry couldn't resist...)

(people know I'm kidding -right?)
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.