Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-10-2021, 07:32 PM

Default Promo for perpetual license holders

I haven’t seen this discussed anywhere. I received an email from Avid for a promo subscription offer $299 for a one year subscription to Ultimate and you can keep your perpetual license. Am I understanding right that this is offered to perpetual license owners whose renewal plan has expired? There’s a faq that suggests so. I ask because this promo doesn't show up in my account

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...cription-Promo

FAQ: Pro Tools & Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription promotion for perpetual license holders
Pro Tools & Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription promotion for perpetual license holders

Last Updated : September 7, 2021
Products Affected : Pro Tools, Pro Tools Ultimate

FAQ:

Q: Who can access this promotion?
A: All Pro Tools perpetual license holders, whether you are on an active renewal plan or not.

Q: If I purchase a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate subscription at the promotional price, do I also get to keep my perpetual license?
A: Yes! You get to keep your perpetual license forever and you get a new annual subscription along with all the benefits that come with it, including over $1,600 in free plugins with the Pro Tools Inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Funny, you beat me to it by a few minutes! As soon as I finished my post yours dropped.
So have the same thing , no code yet. Hopefully Avid will notify us when they fix the problem instead of just letting the offer lapse without fixing it and saying nothing.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:56 PM

And this is not a time-limited offer?
I can get the subscription license for $299, it will last for a year and after that I pay the regular/monthly fee?

I've let my update/support plan expire, and plan on going subscription when the time is right, so this sounds like I save a few bucks compared to what I expected.

Wait a minute…

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 09-10-2021 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Not thinking strait
Old 09-11-2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
And this is not a time-limited offer?
I can get the subscription license for $299, it will last for a year and after that I pay the regular/monthly fee?

I've let my update/support plan expire, and plan on going subscription when the time is right, so this sounds like I save a few bucks compared to what I expected.

Wait a minute…
Q: If I choose to renew my Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription, will I be able to do so at this promo price?
A: Promotional pricing is available one time only and is good for the first year of your subscription. If you choose to renew your annual subscription, subsequent years will be at full price

I think the deal is only good for perpetual license holders that aren't on update plans. They can try the latest version for a year for a cheap price. I don't see why someone with a perpetual license with an update plan would do this. Am I missing something? So for you it makes sense, and in a year maybe they have the next sale...
Old 09-11-2021, 04:06 AM

I have a perpetual Vanilla license and I let my upgrade plan expire just over a year ago as it wasn't giving value for money. I have a couple of question since I have received any email yet.

Does anyone have the pricing for Vanilla?

Does the perpetual license get upgraded to the most recent license or does it stick on the same version?

If the latter is true then I likely won't bother. What's the point in using a new version for a year then having to revert to the old one? I have ZERO intention of going subscription.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 09-11-2021, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Q: If I choose to renew my Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate annual subscription, will I be able to do so at this promo price?
A: Promotional pricing is available one time only and is good for the first year of your subscription. If you choose to renew your annual subscription, subsequent years will be at full price

I think the deal is only good for perpetual license holders that aren't on update plans. They can try the latest version for a year for a cheap price. I don't see why someone with a perpetual license with an update plan would do this. Am I missing something? So for you it makes sense, and in a year maybe they have the next sale...
I am on active update plan with a perpetual license of PT.
Still I got this offer in my account.

Kind of weird, isn't it ?
Old 09-11-2021, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
I have a perpetual Vanilla license and I let my upgrade plan expire just over a year ago as it wasn't giving value for money. I have a couple of question since I have received any email yet.

Does anyone have the pricing for Vanilla?

Does the perpetual license get upgraded to the most recent license or does it stick on the same version?

If the latter is true then I likely won't bother. What's the point in using a new version for a year then having to revert to the old one? I have ZERO intention of going subscription.

Stephen
My price for Vanilla is supposed to be $99 dollars and it is limited to one year. I assume it's a loss leader type set up where Avid feels that once you try the latest version you may decide to continue with it at the regular sub price and not having to surrender a perp license has always been the big issue for a lot of us.
As for what version your perpetual license will be, I have not found the answer for sure, but I am pretty certain it will remain at whatever level you have already since that is what they have always done before when you haven't actually paid for upgrading your original "license".

Have you checked your My special offers page in Avid yet?
Old 09-11-2021, 06:41 AM

Clear as mud what this offer is about.
There are literally no details as to what it actually entails for permanent owners.
I would only be dragged kicking and screaming onto a subscription plan.
Basically my years of investment in the software would go out of the window.
I know a lot of others feel the same.
We are basically on a subscription with the support plan anyway and personally I don't feel that extra outlay of cash every year has brought me commensurate benefits.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Clear as mud what this offer is about.
There are literally no details as to what it actually entails for permanent owners.
I would only be dragged kicking and screaming onto a subscription plan.
Basically my years of investment in the software would go out of the window.
I know a lot of others feel the same.
We are basically on a subscription with the support plan anyway and personally I don't feel that extra outlay of cash every year has brought me commensurate benefits.
I thought the offer was pretty clear. I'll attach my original email if any one hasn't gotten it yet. And the FAQ link: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...W9cQdDdx394Cm0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT offer.jpg (54.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-11-2021, 11:34 AM

Yes, this language is pretty clear. It’s just not clear why the promo isn’t showing up in my account

Quote:
Q: Who can access this promotion?
A: All Pro Tools perpetual license holders, whether you are on an active renewal plan or not.