Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Euphonix Users — Welcome to the Avid Audio Forums

Do Avid plan to make the MC Color surface work with the Symphony Color corrector. If not does that mean that Symphony is end of line because they haven't changed it in years and it cannot really compete with Apple Color or software DaVinci without hardware control!

Personally, even though I spent big bucks on a Symphony DX, I think the color corrector should be opened up to Media Composer and the control surface added. Now that would compete...

But my biggest plea is just getting the control surface to work in Symph - PLEASE.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttothebeat View Post
Do Avid plan to make the MC Color surface work with the Symphony Color corrector. If not does that mean that Symphony is end of line because they haven't changed it in years and it cannot really compete with Apple Color or software DaVinci without hardware control!

Personally, even though I spent big bucks on a Symphony DX, I think the color corrector should be opened up to Media Composer and the control surface added. Now that would compete...

But my biggest plea is just getting the control surface to work in Symph - PLEASE.
Getting MC Color to work in Avid|DS would be utterly awesome - DS Artists have been asking for this one for untold millenia.
San Francisco, CA
Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 PM

Is this it ? No other questions ?

Is the EuCon protocol going to be open for implementation by other hosts, and not just the ones listed ?

When can we actually expect more information on this subject in general? Make the period of time long enough, and I'll probably have forgotten about it and miss whatever you're going to say, supposing there is something to say besides the obvious fact that you're working on something, you're committed and all that crap nobody needs to hear from Avid in particular any longer.

Do you even have any idea when you'll be able to inform your customers about your plans ?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:21 AM

Welcome so is any one going to ADDRESS the question? will there continue to be a robust effort for logic 9 and pro tools seeing as we all use them both? There is money to be made if that is the concerns on both sides for Avid, but if it is about competition then.....
Old 05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Avid

Thank you for your responses to the merger news - we are very excited about joining Avid and the possibilities it opens up for future development. I can't respond to all of your questions in detail, but it is Avid's intention to integrate EuCon into DS, as well as Media Composer and Pro Tools. Support for Logic, Cubase and other existing 3rd party software will actively continue as before, and new 3rd party developers are already on board to support EuCon in the future.

As for Windows support, I cannot specifically comment on our development plans and timelines, but this has been the most common customer request since the Artist Series launched in 2008. Though we have not been able to respond directly about our development plans, we are grateful that so many of you made the effort to contact us with your interest.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:12 PM

In particular I'm interested in controlling Nuendo, Protools LE(preferably working on Win7x64 so I'm not holding my breath) and Reaper.

When I hear open, I think New Control Surfaces that can easily be supported by software we use. This is something I thought Avid never wanted to do.

Can't share or hint at PC plans eh. Well, maybe next year, maybe in five years then I guess. Maybe I'll just forget about Avid.

I know it's all you can say, and l I can say is that I've heard this kind of talk too many times to care any longer. We'll see at the next NAB, NAMM and Musikmesse. Silence ain't golden any longer to anyone else.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
I know several people that would not call a System 5 friendly, they have a step learning curve.
LOL!

The system 5 has a step learning curve. LOL!
Sound to me like some Harrison/DFC guys trying to push a swing in that direction.

I can get someone up and mixing on a system 5 in 30 minutes. Its really that easy.
Can't do that with a Harrison or DFC.

I'd say the learning curve on an ICON would be stepper than that of a Euphonix.

Maybe those you know who said that should actually sit down at one, instead of making up BS.

LEX
Old 06-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaudio View Post
LOL!

The system 5 has a step learning curve. LOL!
Sound to me like some Harrison/DFC guys trying to push a swing in that direction.

I can get someone up and mixing on a system 5 in 30 minutes. Its really that easy.
Can't do that with a Harrison or DFC.

I'd say the learning curve on an ICON would be stepper than that of a Euphonix.

Maybe those you know who said that should actually sit down at one, instead of making up BS.

LEX
It's more like the guy that are coming from an 9J/K or V/VR/88R

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 08-14-2010, 10:11 PM

Derk

Can you provide an answer for why Avid recently raised the price of the Artist series 26 percent? As an owner of two MC Mixes and an MC Transport, used for controlling Logic and APogee products, I'm pretty disappointed. I was going to expand my MC rig this fall with the MC COntrol V2, but now, probably not. THe $400 dollar increase is just too much.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_daniels View Post
Derk

Can you provide an answer for why Avid recently raised the price of the Artist series 26 percent? As an owner of two MC Mixes and an MC Transport, used for controlling Logic and APogee products, I'm pretty disappointed. I was going to expand my MC rig this fall with the MC COntrol V2, but now, probably not. THe $400 dollar increase is just too much.
Brent, when I saw this I was HOT and concerned for my clients (well at that time they WERE clients). But I also realized that in order to move forward, sometimes you have to do such a thing. I'm no longer opening my mouth about what I know, but let's say this..... a lot of things need to happen to make it phenominal with ProTools, and that's going to happen. BUT for that to happen, they need to pay for the work.