Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 03-21-2023, 07:57 PM

Default Got an used Eleven Rack without the expansion. How to get it? (Apparently I can't)

Had two over the years and always loved it. Found one cheap locally, didn't even cross my mind check for the expansion pack Still sounds good, but I'm missing the Bogner model. The page for the expansion doesn't seem to be even working on the avid page anymore, I get an error message. Is there anyway to get it?

Thanks.

Last edited by Tito83; 03-23-2023 at 12:47 PM. Reason: update
Old 03-23-2023, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Got an used Eleven Rack and it doesn't have the expansion pack. How can I get it?

Contacted CS and they said they won't sell it and apparently there's no interest in making it available for the time being. Only option was to go through every reseller and check if they have it available. Not doing that, but I did contact Sweetwater that said they don't carry it anymore.

If anyone know somewhere I can purchase the expansion from please post it here!

Suggested this to CS already, but if anyone from AVID is reading this, if there's no interest in selling it, why not just make it available to download? I don't understand.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Got an used Eleven Rack and it doesn't have the expansion pack. How can I get it?

I suspect Avid's concern is it's a customer support mess, even if Avid gave it away there would be users upset with problems getting the flakey installers to install the upgrade and users contacting support wanting help/needing handholding/needing license keys reissued when installs fail.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 03-23-2023 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:13 PM

(splitting posts because of Access Denied problems, ... yet again....)

The solution is to buy a used Eleven Rack with firmware 2.0.1. Yes I know, not ideal, but they can be found for a bit over USD$200, a used Eleven Rack with firmware 1.x is near worthless IMNSHO.

I've purchased two used ones on EBay and Reverb (plus the original one I purchased new that I upgraded with the Expansion Pack many years ago), and asked for a photo of the firmware version on the front panel screen and the serial number (to confirm it's not an E version with potential clock problem).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 03-23-2023 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
(splitting posts because of Access Denied problems, ... yet again....)

The solution is to buy a used Eleven Rack with firmware 2.0.1. Yes I know, not ideal, but they can be found for a bit over USD$200, a used Eleven Rack with firmware 1.x is near worthless IMNSHO.

I've purchased two used ones on EBay and Reverb, and asked for a photo of the firmware version on the front panel screen and the serial number (to confirm it's not an E version with potential clock problem).
I don't live in the US, and I imagine a lot of people that want the expansion aren't either. It's not that easy to find and not that cheap either.

Again, it's also on me, I totally forgot about it. I got so used to free firmware updates having had other more recent modelers that I even forgot this was a thing.

Maybe hope they drop the expansion for free along side m1 support. It's something to hope for. They said they would support it until 2024, right?

At the end of the day I don't really *need* the firmware update... But damn, I still miss the Bogner model.