Can someone explain this in a a more simply way please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2022, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Can someone help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungtree952 View Post

Can someone explain this in a a more simply way please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your hard drive is too slow or it could be other system related issues.

You can Google AAE 9073 or click the link below to start.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050
Old 12-10-2022, 10:04 AM

Welcome to the DUC.

Please give as much info as you can on hardware and software in your system.
Help Us Help You

Have you tried a larger hardware buffer size or setting the disk cache to something other than 'normal? (Normal effectively means 'off') 'Playback engine' in the setup menu.

Does it happen on every session or only one?
Tell us as much as you can.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:44 PM

Lots more info needed. Starting with what exact version and release of Pro Tools. What exact macOS version, and waht exact make/model/spec drive(s) you are recording to and what filesystem type is on those drive(s).

Make sure you are recording to a audio-spec drive, that is if a hard disk drive it is at least 7200 RPM and dedicated to just the pro tools audio use, and better still a fast modern SSD. On a modern Mac the best option typically is to record to the fast SSD/NVMe boot/system drive (no need to dedicate that to just audio). If your boot drive is a hard drive or Mac hybrid drive you should probably not be recoding to it. And the drive needs a HFS+ or APFS filesystem on Mac.

A common mistake that can cause this is transferring sessions on a USB thumb drive or similar and accidentally trying to run the session off the thumb drive instead of copying it to a suitable fast drive on the computer and running the session there. Make sure all removable media like SD cards, USB thumb drives etc. are removed.

Another mistake that might be a cause is trying to run the session from a folder that is shared to the cloud. Including if your desktop is shared to iCloud. Google Cloud, Dropbox, any of them can cause I/O problems or potentially loss of data. Regardless that some folks can get this to work, doing this is potentially prone to multiple problems. Pro Tools was simply never properly designed to use cloud storage.

As Ben mentions, disk cache can help in many cases, even where you should have a better/proper drive setup.

And failing all that it might be a corrupted session, corrupted preferences (always start by trashing them), a faulty plugin, and so on... stuff you follow the standard troubleshooting steps to test for. All under "Help us help you".
Old 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM

I’m not sure what this means?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15C4AAAB-6595-4850-8AE9-B9D45C24790D.jpg (64.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-10-2023, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatboyRari62 View Post
Please don't spam onto the end of other users unrelated thread like this, it often just makes a complete mess of replies. Have a read of "Help us Help You" up the top of every DUC web page, especially what type of info is expected when you are asking for help, and unless you can find a thread with exactly your problem described in it start a new thread.

If you need to create a new thread: go to the Avid Pro Audio Community link up the top of the web page, select the forum area that most closely is related to your problem and create a new thread by clicking the "New Thread" button.

In the case of this problem, you can read about Recording, Playback, and Transfer volumes etc. in the Pro Tools Reference Guide PDF that will already be installed on your system. Better to read that and understand what this is all about (because these have ways of keeping biting users), and learn how to change than just being told what button to click.
Old 01-11-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatboyRari62 View Post
Great photo and so easy to read.