How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2022, 02:52 PM

Default Eleven Rack ASIO driver Windows 11

Hi there,

I recently got a new notebook (I7 1260p based Dell) running Windows 11, hoping to start homerecording again after a hiatus.

I'd like to use the Eleven Rack as an audio interface (in Reaper), but haven't been able to get the ASIO driver running in any app.
Does anyone have the 11R running in Win11 as their main interface (not just passing audio to another interface)? Is it working in PT on Win11?

thanks!
Old 10-09-2022, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack ASIO driver Windows 11

You can hope that folks who have it working happen to see your post. You can hope they want to spend time replying. Or you can start by just searching DUC.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22E...A+duc.avid.com
Old 10-14-2022, 12:52 PM

Thanks for googling that for me.
There's a few posts about the editor, someone running the audio from 11R into their actual interface, but no one on Win11 using the ASIO drivers unfortunately.
Here's hoping someone at Avid still works on the 11R drivers, now they got PT working with Win11.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:59 PM

No you have to read a bit more carefully. e.g. see https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417788

Other users have the driver working on Windows 11. And if you search you will find threads like that with folks you could even ask if you get stuck in case they know/did something different than you.

Since you've tried and had a problem... why not post exactly what that problem is/what you saw and ask others if they have seen that. You might post onto those old threads mentioning the driver working or if you get no response after a while even try PM'ing users since some of those folks might not be checking posts here frequently. Reaper should be fine but maybe you want to try with the free version of Pro Tools Intro just to test. Does Reaper or other apps or Windows sound see the non-ASIO Eleven Rack driver? They should, and in which case make sure they are not tying to use the interface when you use Pro Tools.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:01 PM

I have seen other posts about Eleven Rack working on Windows 11, but I'm not sure they are using it as an interface. Worst case, grab any small/cheap audio interface that works with ASIO and run the Eleven Rack outputs into that(the USB connection can still work with the Editor software, which is how I am running mine with the outputs patched into my HD IO thru 2 preamps).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-15-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I have seen other posts about Eleven Rack working on Windows 11, but I'm not sure they are using it as an interface. Worst case, grab any small/cheap audio interface that works with ASIO and run the Eleven Rack outputs into that(the USB connection can still work with the Editor software, which is how I am running mine with the outputs patched into my HD IO thru 2 preamps).
Dave can you just connect it up to USB as an ASIO playback engine and check if it works on your system vs. outboard off DigiLink/HD IO.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:25 AM

Seems to work fine here on Windows 10. Of course as usual, Windows decided to use Eleven Rack for playback as soon as it saw a new device and driver. Putting that back to the on-board sound card fixed that. I would expect Windows 11 to act much the same and I will try to test that when I have enough time to drag out my laptop and load up the driver.

Old 10-16-2022, 11:27 AM

Oh sorry I thought you had Windows 11, I know the drivers work fine on 10… have that running here, I was hoping you had 11 to help answer that question.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:23 PM

Okay, its working fine here with Windows 11 and PT Intro. No issues with the install at all. I downloaded and ran the driver installer. Downloaded Pro Tools Intro by following the steps(install Avid Link first). Once everything was installed, the first run of PT gave me a message that it couldn't open my 48K test session, which meant that Windows was using Eleven Rack for playback without me setting that(as usual for Windows). I closed PT, set the sound properties to use the on-board sound card, fired PT back up and everything seems to work fine.

Last edited by albee1952; 10-16-2022 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:35 PM

Thanks a lot for testing!
That means I've got some more troubleshooting to do...
I've tried Reaper and the standalone versions of Addictive Keys, several Arturia synths and Superior drummer, and all said some version of "Error initializing ASIO driver". Setting Windows audio to the internal Realtek chip didn't help, unfortunately.
I might test if it works with PT - still on PT12 though, and I wanted to try something new with Reaper.
I am able to run a Behringer XR18, so it's not some general ASIO incompatibility.