Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2022, 05:15 PM

Default Turned off "Auto-Renew". Three days to change my mind. Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards spending that $299 on an upgrade to Studio One Pro 6. I used Pro Tools for 15 yrs. The educator's discount made it affordable, and I used it often. Now that I've retired; I produce and record. I use Pro Tools just as much, but I find the price to be too expensive. Keeping up with the changing versions is confusing as well. Studio One Pro 6 is the same price. But it's not subscription dependent. I've been transitioning for a few months. I have til December 8 to change my mind. Thoughts??
Old 12-05-2022, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Turned off "Auto-Renew". Three days to change my mind. Thoughts?

Is this a perpetual renewal?

If so, there’s a 3 week grace period, so technically you have 24 days to make your mind up. =P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2022, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Turned off "Auto-Renew". Three days to change my mind. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Is this a perpetual renewal?

If so, there’s a 3 week grace period, so technically you have 24 days to make your mind up. =P

I know I have a few days to make up my mind. They offered $199 to renew for one year. With PreSonus, you buy the license, and you own it, and get all relevant updates as long as that version is supported. If the next version comes out, the typical upgrade price is $150; and once again, you own THAT particular version. $200-$300 a year for the "privilege" to use the almighty PT? I'm leaning towards saying goodbye.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:21 PM

Default Turned off "Auto-Renew". Three days to change my mind. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyJohn View Post
I know I have a few days to make up my mind. They offered $199 to renew for one year. With PreSonus, you buy the license, and you own it, and get all relevant updates as long as that version is supported. If the next version comes out, the typical upgrade price is $150; and once again, you own THAT particular version. $200-$300 a year for the "privilege" to use the almighty PT? I'm leaning towards saying goodbye.

So you don’t have a perpetual license then and are on a subscription.

Don’t know what to say. Do what you think is best.

Last edited by Sardi; 12-06-2022 at 04:52 PM.