Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2003, 03:14 PM

Default 001, XP, 6.1 here we go again...Heeelllpppp

I had sought help on this about a month ago or so, when I first tried to install 6.1. I was runing XP pro with 5.3.1 and was fine. along comes 6.1 Great, most of the short cuts are the same as TDM saves me a heap of trouble. Try to load..... problems. Try to reload it appears to not see the hardware It begins and then pooof. after much discussion It was thought by some that perhaps since XP was an upgrade maybe there was the flaw. Re loaded all still nothing. Now I have just purchased a new XP pro installed it activated it tried to load 6.1 and...... Poof OK folks now what. That was my last ditch hope, reload a fresh new OS that was not an upgrade , but a complete install reloaded 6.1 and..... Poof! Heeeellllpppp
I've been using PT and PTLE almost since it's inception and never had any thing like this.

SYS:

ASUS AV8X7 deluxe
512 corsair RAM
two Maxtor 80 Gig drives one app one audio
G550 AGP card enermax 420 smart power PSU in a rack case. what else can I be doing?

Please help DIGI? anybody?

N-G-NEER
Old 10-27-2003, 03:16 AM

Default Re: 001, XP, 6.1 here we go again...Heeelllpppp

First thing I'd do is run out and purchase Symantec's Norton's Ghost utility so you can easily re-image your computer in the shortest possible time instead of having to reload the OS again from the CD. If it's not detecting the hardware I would first reseat the Digi001 interface card as well as the external cable. Here's where Ghost comes in had you been able to use it. You could have reverted back to your 5.3.1 image (created by Ghost) and made sure you hardware was detected properly at least so you know your hardware was fuctioning correctly. I'm assuming you haven't reconfigured your machine (moved cards around) prior to this upgrade correct? If the reseating mentioned above still doesn't work, then try bouncing the 001 interface card to a different slot. Hope this helps.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:45 AM

Hi, With the exception of using Ghost to restor my 5.3.1 set up I have tried anything I can think of. Is there a firmware update I don't know about? DIGI?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2003, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Hi, With the exception of using Ghost to restor my 5.3.1 set up I have tried anything I can think of. Is there a firmware update I don't know about? DIGI?
Thanks
Hi Man,
Interesting problem indeed. I'll give a friendly bump.
My inclination would be to pull the XP system drive and put an old drive in that
you could load 5.3.1 on. See if 5.3.1 still works first. Ok?
Good fishing!
Swap
Old 10-28-2003, 09:36 AM

Yes I have reformatted and 5.3.1 comes up without a hitch. right now I and giving great thought to a double boot so we shall see. I have contacted DIGI but who knows