Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 PM

Default Video Playback is slow on PT HD 8 on Snow Leopard.

I have spent a lot of money on an HD3 system, with the most recent 8-core Nehalem mac pro and when I add a video track to my session, it takes 4 seconds before it starts playing.

This happens all the time on Snow Leopard even if my inputs/outputs are set to something else than HD.

I downgraded to Leopard, and tested PT 8.0 and it's fine.
8.0.1 bugs when you go from listening to iTunes or anything else than PT to going in a session. You have to force quit CoreAudio from Activity Monitor to fix the issue.
8.0.3 is not working.

Hurry up Digidesign. People pay a load of money and the system does not work up to date system.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Video Playback is slow on PT HD 8 on Snow Leopard.

What codec are you using?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Video Playback is slow on PT HD 8 on Snow Leopard.

This was covered in another thread awhile ago:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...ight=quicktime

But I think all you need to do is the following:

"The delay was fixed by setting Sound playback out of the computer's line out. This of course disables the ability to use Digi hardware for non-PT playback (like iTunes), which is a drag. It would be REALLY great to get this fixed."

Digi allows PT hardware to serve as an interface for non-Digi apps (like iTunes), but this does not work well with Quicktime. Disable this feature and you should get immediate playback. You can always toggle it on if you want to listen through your hardware, but I just leave it off.

Best,

Jamshied