Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 01-18-2008, 07:41 PM

Default Digidesign Transfer of Ownership Form apply to M-Powered

does the Digidesign Transfer of Ownership Form apply to M-Powered as I would like to sell my copy with the Ilok?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Digidesign Transfer of Ownership Form apply to M-Powered

anyone?
Old 01-19-2008, 06:37 PM

I did a little research on the digi site and it seems a bit fuzzy in regard to m-powered.

The Transfer of Ownership program relates to hardware and it is implied that the Protools software is part of the hardware package.

Quote:
Transfer of Ownership of Digidesign Products.

Used Hardware Registration — Transfer of Ownership

To register used Digidesign hardware, you will need to fill out a Transfer of Ownership Form. Registration entitles you to participate in the Digidesign Hardware Exchange Program and repair service for your hardware. Repair charges will apply if hardware is beyond 1 year from original date of purchase when new. Please download and print this form and follow the same instructions listed above for new registration. (instructions included on the form)

If you are selling a used system, you should fill out the seller's portion of the Transfer of Ownership Form and include it with the sale.

The Pro Tools license is included with Pro Tools core hardware systems and cannot be sold separately (this includes any upgrades to the Pro Tools software). If you sell a core system, the included Pro Tools license then becomes the property of the new owner, and all future update and upgrade rights are transferred as well.

The seller is responsible for providing all Pro Tools software and Pro Tools authorizations for that software that should be included with a used core system. If the current software and authorizations were not included, the buyer must purchase a Pro Tools software upgrade from the DigiStore or an Authorized Digidesign Dealer. All purchased Pro Tools upgrades are complete installers that do not require previous installation of Pro Tools or registration, either to purchase or install the Pro Tools upgrades.

Transfer of Ownership Form
Download the Acrobat PDF:
Digidesign Transfer of Ownership Form

Registration of Plug-Ins and Optional Software Not Transferable

Digidesign will not transfer product registration for used plug-ins or other optional software from the original owner to another owner. Transfer of iLok authorizations by buyers and sellers can be done at www.iLok.com. Transfer of iLok licenses are between the individual parties. Digidesign will only register software purchased by the original owner, and only when purchased from an Authorized Digidesign Dealer.

Authorized US Digidesign dealers do not sell Digidesign products on eBay.com or other online auction sites in the US. If you purchase a Digidesign product from an online auction site, you may be purchasing from someone other than an Authorized Digidesign Dealer, and your software product may not be registered.

So, the way I understand it, you can easily transfer the m-powered license asset at iLok.com (and pay the US$25 transfer fee), remove the iLok from your account and the new owner will sync it with their account, but the new owner may not be able to register as the new owner of the software with Digidesign.

It would depend on whether Digi deems Protools m-powered as "optional software".

I would call your local distributor for clarification.

Chris
Old 01-20-2008, 05:25 PM

that's what I came up with. I figure as long as I transfer the ownership of the ilok to the new owner all should be well.