Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 AM

Default 003 has no sound output after update!!!

I just updated my Mac version PT8 to PT9. Now I have no sound output from my 003+. I did the v9 driver update before I installed and selected the 003 as the playback engine. It may be something so simple I am overlooking the most obvious, but I am getting nothing. I can route the sound thru my Macs audio line out and get sound, but nothing thru the 003.

The thing that has me worried is when I first powered up PT9, it froze and all lights on the 003 froze in the on position and would not turn off, then PT9 quit unexpectedly. The lights remained locked on the 003 I had to reboot. I never had audio out with PT9. When I go to my Mac Audio Preferences Output option, it shows the Digidesign HW (003) device, but when I select it, it says "the selected device has no output controls". I am not sure this ever said it had output controls, but that seems strange!

Mac OSX 10.6.6