Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2001, 09:59 PM

Default Buss Level Question

Hi all. I set up an isert on all drum tracks that goes to buss 1&2. Then created an aux stereo track and set its input to buss 1&2 and opened a reverb plugin.How can I send different levels to the reverb from each drum track? When I click on the asterisk for say the snare track to bring up send fader, moving that fader also moves the fader on the snare track too. Are they latched together somehow? I want to change the level to the reverb without changing the track level.I noticed I can move the faders independently the first time I set up the insert and buss.After that when I open the send fader, that fader also moves the track fader.HUMMM It just dawned on me that maybe I should not be using an Insert for this?How do you all set up 1 plugin for multiple tracks? Thanks Brad.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Buss Level Question

Bump. Are you guys gonna make me dig in that phonebook size 3 system manual? A little love please. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2001, 10:04 PM

If I understand your question correctly, you want to set up sends from multiple tracks to one reverb plugin on an AUX track. You also want to be able vary the amount of send for each track independently of the others.

1. Create new stereo AUX INPUT
2. Insert the desired reverb plugin on this new track
3. Set INPUT of new AUX track to BUS 1-2
4. Set SEND A of drum tracks to BUS 1-2

SEND A (feeding bus 1-2) of each of the drum tracks should now be going to your new AUX INPUT track (which is being fed by BUS 1-2). The AUX INPUT track fader will act as a master reverb return fader.

Good luck
Old 06-27-2001, 10:35 PM

Parker9. You got IT. Thats exaltly what Im doing. But when I click on the astrisk on a drum chanel and bring up the send fader, moving the send fader "also" moves the track fader.Are they linked somehow?I want to use the send fader like an Aux send knob on a regular console,with out efecting the tracks main volume fader. Thanks for the help.Brad.
Old 06-27-2001, 11:35 PM

Two possible options:

First, when you click on the asterisk and the popup fader appears. You will see three boxes just to the left of the bullseye. Click and hold the middle (main out) box and set it to the desired bus. The fader should now control BUSS A. The large fader defaults to the channel level fader -- you have to reassgin it to control bus level.

You can also simply click on the send box itself (at the send section of the channel strip) and it should bring up the appropriate send/bus fader.

Second option: Your computer's haunted...

Let me know if this doesn't fix it.

Good luck
Old 06-28-2001, 04:45 AM

lamp, bring up the send fader and click the "pre" button. then the send will be independent from the main fader.
Old 06-28-2001, 09:05 AM

Thanks, Will try these today. Thanks again.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:01 AM

The pop up channel strip IS the main fader. Thats is your confusion.
Old 06-29-2001, 07:57 PM

Thanks everybody! Your right chompers,I thought the astrisk was for the send fader.