Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Default Please help!!! Loading session from Pro Tools 7 HD to Pro Tools 8 LE

Hi guys,

Today I recorded some songs at my producer's studio. He was using Pro Tools 7 HD.

Now I've just attempted to open up the project files in in my Pro Tools 8 LE.
The project files do open but not without errors.

The first error message seems to be ok; just a simple notification that I'm using a different playback engine, which is a given (screen shot 1). However, the second error message (screen shot 2) is a bit more complicated; it says my I/O settings have changed since the last time it was saved (at his studio) and states that some inputs and outputs were made made inactive. Once the project opens with all its tracks I can see visible audio data on all tracks which look healthy but some of the tracks do not playback, and I can't see a level for them. The bass, for instance, I cannot hear on any of the files.

Additionally, the kick drum seems to be panned hard left and the snare hard right on all the files. Dunno if that's deliberate...

It may not be anything too bad and may just require that I change it to suit my current settings but any suggestions on how to get a full playback? I'm new to Pro Tools so forgive me if this seems obvious.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Please help!!! Loading session from Pro Tools 7 HD to Pro Tools 8 LE

I would reset your I/O in the prefs to its defaults. That should conform the session to your I/O

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Please help!!! Loading session from Pro Tools 7 HD to Pro Tools 8 LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I would reset your I/O in the prefs to its defaults. That should conform the session to your I/O
Hi, I actually figured it out lol. I simply had to change all my track outputs to stereo (output 1-2). It was on mono settings before. Additionally, everything that seemed to be either hard left or hard right came to the middle.

But now I have another problem haha
For some reason when I try to adjust the volume for the individual tracks it seems to take all the levels on the other tracks down. For instance, if I just want to turn down the level for the bass it will take down the drum kit as well and I don't know why. Also, if I just want to mute the bass alone, again, it will mute the other tracks too. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
Old 02-02-2013, 05:48 PM

You probably have the ALL group enabled. Open the groups/tracks bin(left side of the screen) and click the group so it is NOT highlighted(or right-click and suspend all groups).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
You probably have the ALL group enabled. Open the groups/tracks bin(left side of the screen) and click the group so it is NOT highlighted(or right-click and suspend all groups).
Ah, thank you; it worked!
The more I experiment with Pro Tools' arrangement window the more user-friendly I discover it actually is in comparison to say Logic or Cubase. Definitely a keeper. Thanks again!