Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 PM

Default Error, Missing iLok Authorization

Hey everyone. Before anyone shoots me down, I've seen multiple threads with this same problem, and I haven't found a working solution.

I have installed Pro Tools 10 on my PC, Windows 7. After I tried to open the software, 2 windows opened: "Pro Tools 10 cannot run. Required software is missing or not running. Please reinstall the product, or download and run the driver installer here: http://www.paceap.com"

and

"Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 10". Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools."

I installed the PACE driver like recommended and now I only have the first window still opening, "Error, Missing ILok Authorization..."
----------

I went to iLok.com, made an account, and it says there is no license...It also says my Remove Grace Period ends in a week. I already downloaded both requirements for iLok (Client and Driver) and installed both before all of this. (before installing the PACE version, I attempted to uninstall this version, but could NOT find it in my programs list)

----------

Someone else said to go onto avid.com and go to "Products Not Yet Downloaded." So I created an avid account, but it was useless for me since I am obviously not able to register my product with the Avid site yet...

----------
I have already tried uninstalling, reinstalling everything. My computer reads the iLok as a device. I am confident my computer can handle this software no problem. Something else is wrong. I've spent the last 2 days on this, can anyone lend a hand? Much appreciated.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:26 PM

Question Re: Error, Missing iLok Authorization

Did you buy Pro Tools 10? How did you buy it?