Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-14-2006, 09:29 AM

Default Audition/Preview volume adjustment?

Is there a way to adjust the Audtiosuite preview & region bin audition volumes? The only way I can figure to do this is to route audition to another set of outputs & use a hardware fader, but that doesn't work for me because I'm already using all my outputs.

I edit in sessions that have audio tracks pulled several db, and they're routed thru auxes/masters, that are also pulled several db. When I go to preview or audition, the volume is slammed sometimes 20db hotter than my session is playing back. This is brutal & dangerous when editing on headphones.

Nuendo has this feature. I'm hoping it's just something I've overlooked in PT.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Audition/Preview volume adjustment?

Not possible when your outputs are all used. PT will always audition at full-blast. Only in the import-file-window you can adjust the volume.

frank.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:54 AM

now, that's the best (and simplest) request I've seen in months. Greg, Keith, whomever is listening from Digi, put this high on the list.

Would keep me and others from getting ears blown, and would make it that the DIM button didn't get so much exercise.

nice one DF

-cd
Old 08-15-2006, 03:55 AM

For people who DO have some outputs left over you can change the audition path to those and route those to your mixer and control the volume there. Can get complicated when auditioning multi-channel-files. But "luckily" PT is almost incapable of auditioning more than mono-files except for the regionlist (Digi it´s 2006, how about a feature that lets you listen to your files in the digibase even when they are not mono?) ;-)

frank.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:
(Digi it´s 2006, how about a feature that lets you listen to your files in the digibase even when they are not mono?) ;-)

frank.
Oh, I hear you bro. Listen to multiple mono files on Workspace window would be nice!!!

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 06-27-2013, 03:31 PM

I had a problem with my audition level (from clip bin) being too quiet, to the point where I had to drag the audio onto the timeline to have a better listen. I see this isn't as simple as it should be to correct.

Try this:

open up an AudioSuite Plugin (I used 'Pitch Shift') and at the bottom, to the right of the audition button, adjust the level (higher if your audition level is too low or vice versa), then close the AudioSuite. When you audition from the bin again, it seems to follow your AudioSuite level.

Seems like these paths should be on different controls, but it did the trick for me, and I was able to keep working as usual.