Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 PM

Default editpack track select gives "No Valid Tracks"???

Ever since upgrading to Pro Tools 8, the track select button on our edit packs doesn't always work. Most of the time it does not. Sometimes I boot up a session and it works for a few hours and then stops working, which leads me to think it is something I'm doing.

When it doesn't work, the displays read "No Valid Tracks". Turning the knob won't allow me to select other tracks. It also renders the second panner useless when I'm trying to assign that to a mono track. This is really slowing us down when we are mixing FX.

We've called Digidesign and they claimed to have never heard of it. They want us to reset the firmware but I haven't had time. Anyone else solved this problem yet?

Matt
Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 AM

Default Re: editpack track select gives "No Valid Tracks"???

i figured it out.

if you bank or nudge the faders so that there is no track in the leftmost channel, then you will get the No Valid Tracks message.

As a workaround, if you move one of tracks' position in the Edit Window, the functionality returns.