Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2013, 02:18 PM

Default blank "welcome to protools"

I am so upset at avid right now. i got a new macbook pro to use with pro tools and find out my version isnt compatible with protools. fine. so i went to my old pc desktop that could no longer run pro tools efficiently although it could run it. I factory restored that computer so that pro tools would be the only program on there.

Now when i go to run the setup.exe i get a blank "welcome to pro tools" menu. ive tried to contact avid but their stupid site just keeps sending me back and forth to the same pages and they are only FAQs i dont see a number or email. Can anyone help with this situation? i tried on my vista 32 bit home edition, which has run pro tools perfectly fine, the computer just got to old to run it effectively. And Pro tools LE 8 wont work with this damn mountain lion [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep].
and I tried on a windows 7 64 bit ultimate and it still got the blank welcome to pro tools. I have spent well over a 1000 and i am just pissed off at apple and avid right now. I have seen other people having this issue.

Trying to copy the cd files to my hard drive or desktop wouldnt work i get an error message. that was basically the only other solution . I have IE7 on the pc so its the the IE8 issue.

Any help/ suggestions will do. "avid" your "technical assistance" would be great right now. and i swear to god you better not say i have to give you another [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing dollar.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 PM

Default Re: blank "welcome to protools"

Vista, Mountain Lion, Win 7... LE 8... Avid tech assistance on a user forum... pissed off at Avid AND Apple... all over the road.
Much anger I sense in you. Very little helpful information....
Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!